1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Ortgies single shot .22 rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

cloudjockey
    (4/1/02 9:24:06 pm)
    Reply Ortgies single shot .22 rifle
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just wodering if anyone knows any thing about an Ortgies single shot .22 rifle. All this rifle has on it is "Mod I" and the words "DEUTSCHE WERKE - WERK ERFURT", german I guess. Its kinda strange to load, it has a top that flips up then you can load a single shot. It was my grandpa's rifle so I guess it to be maybe 80 yar old. Any help would be great.

Edited by: cloudjockey at: 4/1/02 10:11:04 pm
  2. 1nesler

1nesler New Member

I have a model 1 Ortgies 22 rifle. Mine doesn't have the stamped stock, it has a raised circle with the same insignia on it. I have had this rifle for 50 years as I bought it while I was in college in a gun shop in Springfield, Ill. I want to know all info I can --- date of manufacture, how many were made, value, etc. Thanks, Larry Nesler