The Firearms Forum banner

Ortgies

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  fprefect 
#1 ·
My father obtained a Ortgies 7.65mm (32 auto) from a surrendering German officer in WW2. The firearm functions perfectly and also includes a leather holster with cleaning tools. The leather holster does have some cracks but is functional.

Any ideas what this firearm and holster might be worth?

fprefect

#3 ·
umm no picture or ser#..maybe $1 sight unseen?? kinda like a pig in a poke.....cant judge condition or anything...

#4 · (Edited)
umm no picture or ser#..maybe $1 sight unseen?? kinda like a pig in a poke.....cant judge condition or anything...
Sorry, can't provide picture at the moment and apologies for not including the condition of the item.

No rust whatsover. Patina - bluing worn off on slide near end of barrel and to a very slight degree on 1/2 inch on end of slide. Wood grips in good condition. Not really interested in selling, but only interested in approx. price. If I can figure out how to load a photo from a cell phone, will post later.

I located the holster, and cracking is not apparent at all. Defects are scratching
on the front and top, and small wear marks on the back where the holster contacted the user's pantlegs.

thanks,
fprefect

#6 · (Edited)
These guns were never Military issue, however they were used by the R.F.V., Reichsfinanzverwaltung , ( the Federal Finance Administration ). If there are R.F.V. markings , perhaps it was taken from a captured finance clerk. More likely it is a civilian purchase that may have been carried as a personal firearm by a German soldier or perhaps one that was confiscated from a private residence. But who knows, it may have been taken from a raving insane SS Colonel in hand to hand combat.:D

#9 ·
These guns were never Military issue, however they were used by the R.F.V., Reichsfinanzverwaltung , ( the Federal Finance Administration ). If there are R.F.V. markings , perhaps it was taken from a captured finance clerk. More likely it is a civilian purchase that may have been carried as a personal firearm by a German soldier or perhaps one that was confiscated from a private residence. But who knows, it may have been taken from a raving insane SS Colonel in hand to hand combat.:D
I have no idea as to the circumstances, but he also obtained his hat. If they put that kind of detail and expense into all such hats, no wonder they lost the war. Unfortunately I lost track of the darn thing many years ago.

fprefect

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.