Osprey Crash In FL Panhandle Injured Five

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by whymememe, Jun 15, 2012.

1. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

2. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

The Osprey needs to be grounded permanently. Its a piece of junk, and a waste of money.
  3. langenc

langenc Member

Yea joey but some congressman/senator got reelected couple times cause of all that money we sent to his district. And then there is the millions in retirement for that enterprising person. He probably wouldn't have made it without the 'welfare'.
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

All new equipment has teething problems, However, from my friends in service, well , they have nothing good to say about them. I personally think the Osprey was a mistake that should never have been taken off the drawing board, but hey, what do I know. Even the pilots don't want to fly them.
  5. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

They should have just built more chinooks. those osprey contracts are bought an paid for just like all the others.
  6. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

*make a note to self run for congress, they get retirement and welfare.
  7. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Now, can the Osprey detractors on this thread supply some technical substantiations for their WAOs ?

FWIW the aircraft has long been victimized by the "design by committee" DOD approach. Its also suffered, (and still suffers) from being "poor-boyed" in not only flight training hours, but maintenance training hours as well. And for an aircraft with power folding rotors and wings in addition to rotating engine thrust axis means a great deal of complexity shoehorned into a tight package our military takes into extreme operating environments.

I'll wait for the AI report, myself. >MW
  8. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

You are undoubtedly right in your assessment, but when ever I was part of a USA Forces Command investigation team, my job was to interview the " users and repairers ", the people with the greasy hands. A word of knowledge can be forth coming from the dumb peasants who know the aircraft inside out. When my friends tell me ( active duty friends who are around the aircraft every day ) that the pilots are very uncomfortable in flying the beast I have no reason not to believe them . Of course they wear stripes instead of bars but what the hey, what do they or I know.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012