Oswalds rifle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nadroj, Nov 26, 2009.

1. nadroj

nadroj New Member

Does anyone know the brand, model and caliber of Lee Harvey Oswalds rifle the he (alegedly)used in the Kennedy assasination? I was watching the history chanel and in a documentary they said it was a Mauser. I dont think it was. Maybe someone has more information. Thanx in advance.
  2. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy_assassination_rifle

I did a large debate project on the JFK Assassination.
  3. Road America

Road America Member

I wonder what happened to that rifle, I suppose the FBI has it locked away somewhere. I read once that while they were moving JFK in the hospital a 6.5mm bullet fell out of the gurney. It had rifling marks on it, but it was't mushroomed or deformed and there was no explanation for that.
    I was in high school then, it was a bad time. The first reports weren't accurate, they said the President, the Vice President, and the governor of Texas were all dead.
    We got sent home early from school, and I remember thinking that this was just the start, the next thing we would hear was that there were Russian bombers over Washinton DC. Thank goodness that didn't happen.
  4. mark_baron

mark_baron New Member

I went to the School Book Depository "Sixth Floor Museum" in Dallas several years ago. I believe they have the actual rifle there on display. I stood very close to the actual window Oswald used and I looked out the adjacent window (an easier shot). I don't believe he could have gotten off all the shots that they attribute to him, especially with that POS Carcano rifle (I'll give him one shot). (P.S.: I have one of those 6.5mm Carcanos).
  5. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Fact... one of Oswald's fellow soldiers said if he could choose anyone in the world to shoot at him, it would have been Oswald, because he was such a horrible shot.
  6. Road America

Road America Member

By the time he left the service he had gotten better, good enough to pass some sort of marksmanship qualification. To get those shots off that fast and accurate with a crummy bolt action rifle (or even with a good one) you would have to be better than just ok or even pretty good. You'd have to be real good. Maybe he just got lucky. It seemed darn unlikely then and it still does. You'd think after all these years we would know more about what happened that day, but we don't and I guess we never will. It's too bad that idiot Ruby killed Oswald, maybe we have gotten more out of him.
  7. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

That was the whole intent. Dead men tell no tales.

The Kennedy asassination was the beginning of the new world order.:(

Oswald did not act alone.
  8. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

9. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

I always wanted to pick up a carcano, because I have a colt cobra first issue, that was the model Jack Ruby shot Oswald with. Then I could lone them to the local museam.
  10. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Actually the film was doctored by removing frames to speed it up. The limo actually came to a stop and then speeded up so he had plenty of time to work the bolt and fire.

I was in US History in High School when it happened.