OT spam - Toshiba lap tops suck!

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Jack Ryan, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan New Member

If you are looking at a Toshiba lap top of any kind and you expect it to work for more than a year, you better think twice.

Their warranty is 365 days and they don't mean one hour more. The things have a known design flaw, or maybe you could say deliberate time bomb, that causes the display to go black.

Check out their own "tech" web site for verification. It appears to be common in everyone of their lap top models and well known to them.

http://forums.compuserve.com/vlforums/default.asp?SRV=Toshiba&loc=us&access=public

Just search for the word "display" for the corperate con man to be revealed.

You low life theives at Toshiba may have got me for a few hundred bucks but it will be the last nickle you ever get and I'll be shooting back at you on these messege boards for the rest of my life or until you start making it right with the your victims. My case number is 3-7188079 that would be a good place to start.
  2. FN_Project90

FN_Project90 New Member

always buy extended warrentys :D
    thats the best you can do.
    or next time get an HP, people have set mine on bad edges and its fallen 4 feet + many times no damage, fell from the top of my 6 foot antique dresser, fine. has a few marks on it where I used it as a cutting board in college, other than that works like new
  3. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Yep!...Have used Dell and HP at the "Workin Place"...nary a problem...sounds like ya need ta keep flamin' them feller's, until they make it right!...[​IMG]
  4. BlueTic

BlueTic New Member

Just the other side of the coin here - I'm talkin from my wifes Toshiba Satellite. I bought this 2 1/2 years ago and it is still running (Knocking on the desk as I type). We have installed Windows prof. and only had a few glitches - the main one was a virus that killed everything - right in the middle of 2 auctions and one purchase. I am thinking about a larger capacity hard drive though, or a regular desktop comp.