Our own "Exit poll"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polishshooter, Nov 8, 2006.

?

Did you vote?

1. I'm a Republican, and I voted.

37 vote(s)
    90.2%
  2. I'm a Republican, and I did NOT vote.

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. I'm a Democrat, and I voted.

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. I'm a Democrat and I did NOT vote.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

There is a discussion now about the election results, whether Republicans stayed home, and about "turnout."

Let's do our own "unscientific" poll.

You do NOT have to use your name, we will NOT beat you up no matter what you choose. Just be HONEST.

And it may not mean ANYTHING no matter what we find, since by definition we are more informed than the "masses," so WE might have all voted, while OTHERS didn't....

Let's see what we might find....

And yeah, you have to be registered as one or the other to answer, I ran out of choices....
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  2. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

I am thinking that here you won't see a lot of dem voting or admitting to it. Gun rights and dems are not exactly perfect together.
  3. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Yeah, Sat, but I did that to be "fair," you know, in the "new" spirit of "bipartisanship." :cool:

LIke THAT'S going to happen from the party who INVENTED "Vitriolic Obstructionism."

But there are actually quite a few Dems who own guns however, but most of them simply don't "get it."
  4. John Krzos

John Krzos New Member

Howdy,

I live in the land of Blago and Daley, but my vote didn't help. Now I'm looking at an AWB for Crook County and losing about 7 of my weapons to it. I'm not to happy about it! I just hope that I can hide them or sell them to people outside of Crook County(I have to live in it to work-Thank God it's only for about 4 years)

John Krzos
  5. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Why do the dems have to be in power to be bipartisan? How come they were not bipartisan for the last 6 yrs? Bush tried to be bipartisan and look where it got us. The dems will never be bipartisan.
  6. A good point, Sat, and I fear you may be right. It could well be that the Dems will look at this as a mandate for liberal causes and time for revenge against those "mean, evil Republicans." I hope Polish is right about a possible bipartisan approach, but I won't hold my breath nor let my powder get damp. ;) It is only fair to point out though, that the Republicans have not been the paragons of cooperation, nor have they been a cohesive, well structured force in Congress. Internal bickering and scandal have largely prevented the progress that COULD have been made, especially over the last two years when they controlled both houses. I suspect that for the next two years Bush will be writing the first person Latin verb VETO (I forbid) across a lot of legislation.
  7. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I guess we should thank the Good Lord they DO NOT HAVE THE NUMBERS to override a VETO...... :)
  8. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Bush should have used that VETO pen on CFR.
  9. Marlin

Most definitely, 66!!!!
  10. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

You can be damn sure that I voted. I would have to be dead first, not too!
  11. Jay

Jay New Member

I voted, just wish that the results had been different...:(
  12. 17thfabn

17thfabn New Member

I wish the polls weren't limited to four choices. I don't consider myself a democrat or republican. I did vote however. I voted for more republicans than democrats, but I voted for those I felt were best.

Polish what happened to Sodrel? My wife is from out around Milan, I didn't think Sodrel even had any opposition, all the signs I saw out that way were for him.

Some of the local talk shows were commenting that many of the demos that won ran as moderates to conservatives. If so I wonder how many of them will support Nancy Pelosi as speaker of the house?

In S.W. Ohio our two local U.S. reps are as conservative as they come, and they both won by the narrowest of margins. Our newest U.S. senator is a uber liberal, and he replaces a moderate republican.

I always find the question: "is the country going in the right direction" to be a loaded one. Just because one disaproves of the way the republicans govern dosn't mean we want to go in the direction the far left of the democrat party would take us. In the last election John Kerry often said "if you think the president is doing a bad job, fire him by voting him out". But the choice wasn't get rid of Bush and get some one better, it was get rid of Bush and get some one much worse.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  13. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I voted even thou the machines were crapped out
  14. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

i voted!! my little state of SC didnt do too bad....
  15. islenos

islenos New Member

i'm an independent and I voted for everyone
  16. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    I voted but it didn't help. Arkansas is going back to the dark ages of democrat control. They swept the state. The only Republican that one a major race was an incumbent representative from the heavily conservative northwest corner of the state.

I do think this will help us in two years however. By the next election, America will know how wacked out liberal Pelosi really is and haw far left she is going to lead the party. All these new dems will fall in line with the party since they will have no power. It's gonna be a rough two years.
  17. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

I am not a REP or DEM, I voted for the individual not the party. Having said that just about all I voted for were Republicans, there were some Independents in the mix.
  18. Marlin