Our President, What A Class Act.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by artabr, Mar 5, 2009.

1. kingnothingugm

kingnothingugm Member

Maybe if we're lucky, Tranter or Charlie can track down the set since PM donated it to charity. Send it back and we can make it the big O's going away present!
  2. 45nut

45nut New Member

Even though it was an insulting gift, at least THE DUKE made it, and in one of his best roles too. :D

"That'll be the day"
  3. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Will DVD's formatted for Northamerican market even PLAY on a European DVD player?

I ask because I recently attempted to watch several DVD's from eastern Europe with no success.

That asked, will CD's play overseas?
  4. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

CDs will play in any CD player. I think US and Eurpoean DVDs are formatted differently, so they aren't compatable. I wonder if the all knowing and all powerful Barry knew about DVD region encoding:rolleyes:

Edit: I'm reminded a line from a movie that reminds me of Barry. It's the part in "The Waterboy" when Bobby is trying to get angry for a game by imagining Coach Cline singing "Water sucks! It really really sucks!"

Barry sucks! He really really sucks!

Sorry, my mind tends to wander and think of stupid things when I'm bored :p
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  5. Gewehrwolf

Gewehrwolf New Member

What......No Spike Lee films???????:D

He couldn't have picked out something meaningful or maybe something connected with a historic event or notable accomplishment. Instead he gives a head of state an bunch of DVD's as a gift representing the people of the United States.

I guess I should be glad he didn't give him a boom box and and a bunch of rap CD's :mad:
  6. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Should have at least included "All About The Benjamins!" TJ
  7. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

If these gaffs are not enough, someone mentioned "the dinner" and what may have been served.
    That was another huge gaff, he did not host a formal dinner for the PM which is unheard of in meetings of this magnitude.

He did however host a huge party for STEVIE WONDER, now that will surely help our "allied" situation.

He continues to heap more embarrassment on the people of this country every day and if he is not bad enough he has Hillary the dunce performing in the wings with equally appalling, tasteless and obvious blunders.

The mindless performance to the PM is beyond a doubt the most egregious, in your face stupidity that I can ever recall and it appears it was on purpose and with forethought. If that was not enough in and of its self his staff when questioned about it by the british press replied, " so what, you are no more important to us than any of our other 160 allies". Just brilliant especially in light of the thousands of troops fighting along side our own in far away places. (Perhaps not much longer)

I don't know about you folks, but I have been so embarrassed by this whole blunder that I wrote a short, personal apology to the Prime Minister and to the wonderful, normally friendly people of England and sent it to the British embassy in Washington DC.
    This was the only thing I knew of to do to let them know that we the people can be embarrassed by our representatives and when it happens and we recognize the problem it is not beyond us to speak our own minds.
    At least for the time being we can still do that much although the freedoms we now enjoy are currently being threatened.

Stay safe, keep your powder dry and just wait, there will be more from whence this came.

UF
  8. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

UncleFudd...I'd love to have the link/reference to that staffer's statement so I can send it along to others. It's appalling...and in the scheme of things, has pretty frightening implications.

As for sending a note to the British Embassy, I think that was a fantastic gesture! If you receive a reply, I'd love to see it.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  9. USAFNodak

USAFNodak New Member

Movies in the box-set produced for the White House by the American Film Institute:

1. Citizen Kane
    2. The Godfather
    3. Casablanca
    4. Raging Bull
    5. Singing In The Rain
    6. Gone With The Wind
    7. Lawrence Of Arabia
    8. Schindler's List
    9. Vertigo
    10. The Wizard Of Oz
    11. City Lights
    12. The Searchers
    13. Star Wars: Episode IV
    14. Psycho
    15. 2001: A Space Odyssey
    16. Sunset Boulevard
    17. The Graduate
    18. The General
    19. On The waterfront
    20. It's A Wonderful Life
    21. China Town
    22. Some Like It Hot
    23. The Grapes Of Wrath
    24. ET: The Extra Terrestrial
    25. To Kill A Mocking Bird

What, no Clint Eastwood movies? Outlaw Jose Wales? Dirty Harry? The Good, the Bad, the Ugly? Grand Torino? Sheesh.
  10. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

This was first carried by FOX news as one might imagine.
    The other and what still blows my mind was carried and posted along with every gaff committed by him and Hillary in the San Francisco Chronicle of all liberal places.
    The entire statement was carried on the day after I believe and I will try to find it and post again.
    Also I suspect that I will receive some kind of answer but I am told that several million people have responded to the embassy in DC.

BTW if anyone would like to apologize for our president the address is 3100 Massachusetts Av Washington, DC.

Thanks

UF
  11. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Do you remember a few years back when the Elmo pupet was allowed to testify before Congress?

I knew then that we had problems as a nation... I hate to agree with the Chinese but they are right. America really has lost touch with reality!

mike
    gn
  12. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Thank you for your reply, UF. I went to FoxNews Online and found Glenn Beck's video from March 9th re: the above embarrassment.

I'm so glad to know millions have written so far! Perhaps, after seeing that American citizens have more sense and class than our "leader," the British gov't will take pity upon us and stay by our side!