Our third son just called home

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, Jan 20, 2007.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Will is our third son he is over seas at present in the US ARMY and is a truck driver. He didn't get to come home as he though for the holidays and he said that was a bummer. He just needed to talk to me a little he lost his first really close friend this week to an IED. Will said that some had been hurt and few in his command had been lost but this was the first that he was close with. We talked a while and got his head back together mind in the right place, I hope. His unit will be rotating back to Hawaii. in July if all goes as planned. After some time there he will get to come home for thirty days and he is looking forward to that, he ask Carla for her to make him some Chicken and Dumplings.
  2. johnston3407

johnston3407 New Member

Please, thank Will (for me) for his service to our country. My chicken & dumplins may not be as good as Carla's but if she can't, I will be glad to.
  3. catfish83861

catfish83861 New Member

358 winchester, Thank you and a very special THANK YOU TO WILL. When he gets home tell him a redneck from Oklahoma is thinking of him and all his buddies. I know and can totally feel for his loss. Been there , done that. If he wants some corespondence from the real world besides family feel free to email me with his address. I WILL find time to write and maybe if he likes to hunt send him some pictures of Deer,Elk and Bear. catfish83861 USN Ret.
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Same here. Please send my thanks as well!!!!!

mike
    gn
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  5. hoser1

hoser1 New Member

And a Hello and well done from me too.
  6. Ron, when you see that fine young man you and Carla have raised, please pass along my sincere thanks and appreciation for his courageous service as well. To serve one's country in time of war is neither an easy nor pleasant thing. I know that all too well from my own experience. Yet were it not for such fine young men and women, this country could not continue to exist.
  7. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Tell Will he's in our thoughts and prayers, and that we thank him for what he has done and is doing for us over there.
  8. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

God Bless Will & his unit.
  9. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

You have a very special kid there 358, he and all the others that are putting there life on the line are included in our prayers.
  10. rosierita

rosierita New Member

ron please tell will i said THANK YOU!! also, if you would pm or email me his address & some things that he likes, we'll put a care package together for him. the kids REALLY enjoy doing that type of thing for the guys. ashley, especially, is turning into quite the shopper.:p
  11. pickenup

pickenup New Member

It's nice that they are "able" to call home.
    Tell him thanks from here too.
  12. IShootBack

IShootBack Active Member

Ron, Your son is very lucky to have a Pops like you.
    I will keep him in my prayers for a safe return home, healthy and wiser.
    I will keep you and Carla in my prayers.
    ISB
  13. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Same from me Ron. And congratulations on a fine son! You are all in my prayers.