OUT-SOURCED TO INDIA

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by navis128, Feb 5, 2010.

1. navis128

navis128 New Member

Help me...I'm drowning in a vat of curry:eek::mad:

What about those jobs?

Keep at least them in USA...at least I the Customer Service Rep could understand what I was trying to explain and I wouldn't have to keep saying..."huh?...huh?...WHAT?"

And don't tell me your frickin' name is "Joe" ok...don't insult my intelligence...I can pronounce your name!!

I'm melting...I'm melting...;)
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  2. navis128

navis128 New Member

Whew...ok...I'm better now...sorry...thanks:)
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

yeah it sucks

call the bank re a payment i had not recognised,

go through the hoops and electronic question then get a person who i cannot understand

i ask them to speak slower and clearer and they speak faster and drivel more then acuse me of being racist

i ask for the supervisor

they decline and tell me i must deal with them

i say ok i am reading my booklet and iot states they must identify themselves via a operator number

i get the number

then i state that in the book it says you must put me through to the supervisor if i ask and now that i have your operator number i will complain if you dont.

they abuse me again and state they gave me a false operator number and they dont have to put up with racists like me

all because i asked them to speak clearer and slower i am now a racist

i call the local branch of the bank who advise me they cant help

so i go to the branch and explain why i wish to close my account and seek legal action for vilification against them

i got a supervisor

they traced the call back to a operator who denied all until the tapes where matched with the time stamps and my voice and ID given to them and my polite request to them to speak slower and clearer

i dunno what happened to them i closed the accounts anyway , wrote the papers and published the tapes of the incident to the newsies who ran the story and got a lot of coverage

the bank is in total denial and saying i breached thier trust by playing the tapes i demanded from them in public

so i said sue me

they wont..

so i went to 2 more banks and asked both where is your call centres

second one said adelaide ( my home town sorta, closest big city anyway) and Brisbane i signed there

i will not deal with anyone who puts thier profits before my business and service

suggest we all buck up when confronted like this and do similar

at least i know my accounts wont be raided by some slimey theif as is becoming common with Indian call centres..

cheers

jack
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Believe me, that's a recurring theme in corporations that have ignorantly outsourced their IT support to India. I called a problem in the other day after an application malfunctioned mainly to get a ticket so that someone stateside could solve my problem. When I call it's because I've exhausted all support. I ask people and try numerous tricks from my few years in Information Systems work. If I can't fix it, usually it's BIG. Well, I call.. Some guy in India answers and asks me about my problem. The application is both web-based and desktop-based depending on your preferred interface. I had solely been using the web-based function and had experienced a problem. Two other users experienced the same problem as me, so that indicates a server-based issue rather than a locally-based issue, right? Well, this guy asks me to reinstall the application. Well, I asked him... Isn't the application solely to support the portion of the service that I'm not using, that resides locally? Haven't the other two user scenarios that have failed proven that it's not a local issue?... He continues to read his FAQ list and has no idea what I'm talking about. In the end, his solution didn't help me, as I had already diagnosed. His counterpart in the US didn't even understand what was wrong, as I suspected already.

Is it time that we rate end-user intelligence and correspond that to the IQ of those on the other end of the phone? I insist that it would hurry up problem resolutions for most semi-intelligent people, and even those of lesser IQ such as myself. :D
  5. navis128

navis128 New Member

Wow it's still here...I'm waiting to get scolded...

I don't feel so bad now that I've read y'alls. I have to admit I was lol though:D
  6. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Yeah I get this bologna all the time. We have Charter Cable down here where I live. Whenever you call in about a problem with your internet, you get some guy from India or the Phillipines or Indonesia, who barely speaks English. Then they get pissed when you say you can't understand them. Half the time they have no idea what they're talking about either. Guy couldn't help fix my internet. I screwed around with it for a half hour and got it going again.

Personally, I feel the way to fixing outsourcing is getting rid of the income tax all together and going back to tariffs. Put huge tariffs against the companies that outsource.
  7. OcelotZ3

OcelotZ3 Former Guest

Naw, they'll just buy more reps/senators to avoid any new taxes now that spending limits are gone.
  8. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I go to Wal-Mart ok, and buy ink jet printer heads. I get home and upon opening the box, I see the plastic package has been opened. I install them their dry as thought.
    No problem, I'll take then back to Wal-Mart next time I'm that way.
    They laid on top of my Kodak for weeks, so I call Kodak.
    Got ahold of someone that I flat out could not understand...I figure while I'm WASTING my time as is, I'll go tru with "this person's" jib-jabberish.
    All I did get out of the "conversation" was "we send form"...that was it, I had absolutly no dang clue what the heck this person was even going to send...I just knew no credit card # was givein!
    And to my suprise they sent new cartriges...but I didnt ask for new ones nor did I understand that they were going to send anything other then "we send form".

Seems everytime you call, especially for any sort of tech support on about anything you buy, this is what you get.
    And I dont care if it is someone just setting behind a desk answering the telephone, hey, let people answer the telephone here in the USA and make more jobs here and hence stimulate the ecconomy! THATS MPO! That gets me a little hot sometimes.:mad:
  9. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

And while I'm thinking about this subject, I have a personal opinion/thought; If you live in the USA learn to speak ENGLISH...as the same anywhere else one lives. Learn the language if you reside there! (had to vent on that...I feel better already!) not really!
  10. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

We live out in the toolies -
    Phone lines will not handle DSL.
    No cable services out here.
    No Cell phone service for wireless out here either.

So we have SSLLLOOOOWWWW dial up or satellite internet - that's it, two choices.
    Only three satellite services are available:
    Wild blue
    Earthlink
    Hughes.

Wild Blue is a joke; it was nothing but an invention of ATT to fulfil their requirement to offer high-speed internet to 100% of their subscribers which the fed demanded before they would let them take over Bell South. It is junk elquipment that virtually everyone I have talked to has had constant breakdowns with.

Earthlink is 100% India for their customer support -
    So I signed with Hughes.
    They are now 100% India as well.
    Every time I call, I get "Bob" who can barely jabber in English, and knows nothing not on his FAQ script list.
    I drool over the day they build a cell phone tower that reaches this area -
  11. topper

topper New Member

I hate to say it, but these darn computers are the problem. We did not have 'outscourcing' before computers. If ya had a complaint, just call the number and talk to an AMERICAN person that speaks AMERICAN and the problem would get solved.
  12. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Totally agree. Awhile back, they wanted to teach one of the area schools in Spanish, in addition to English. So now instead of someone's kids going to school, they have to learn it all in Spanish too? Not just that, but they'd raise taxes so they could afford to hire teachers that were Spanish speakers. I go to the ATM and it's got a Spanish option. My grandparents had to learn English when they came here, swear allegence to this country, get jobs and support themselves. I feel it only right that everyone else should too. I speak English. I'm not going to go out of my way to try to understand someone that doesn't want to learn how to speak English. And as always, the liberal left "apologist" people think we have to be fair and let them speak their language here. When I went to Mexico, I spoke Spanish because I felt it would be rude to speak English to them in their country. I spoke Italian when I went to Italy for the same reason. Yet, everyone that comes here, they don't have to learn our customs or speak our language.
  13. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Not that what you said has anything to do with the topic but I'll bite... Do you mean that corporations will be able to influence government in a similar fashion that the Labor Unions have done vicariously through their collective membership for years? Do you mean that corporations will be able to do something similar to what Obama's campaign did when they turned off fraud and origination protection on credit card donations through its campaign web site so as to be able to collect multiple top-level contributions from the same donor or from overseas, both of which are against election commission rules?

Hmmm, at least if business is fighting for rights, then that should help job growth, versus growth of the Labor Union VIRUS that has plagued our industries and forced them overseas.

:D
  14. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Ampaterry, same situation here. Hughes has been pretty good on equipment. Only issue has been connectivity. Had problems several times and have learned how to deal with the simple stuff. When I have called, my contacts have been knowledgeable and helped solve the problem. That has to be hard on them too as I am pretty much computer illiterate. Only had one that was difficult to understand and we managed to solve the problem.

I do find the scripted, unctuous apologies annoying though. I just want the problem fixed. I know that problems happen.
  15. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

Spending limits (campaign contributions) are not gone, despite all the misinformation in the media.