outdoor ranges in NC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mojo45, Mar 11, 2004.

1. mojo45

mojo45 New Member

I live in charlotte, and we are looking for some outdoor ranges in the area, tired of shooting indoors! anyone from NC have some info on some sites?

thanks kevin
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

I'm not from NC, but I see that the Uwharrie National Forest has a shooting range, called the Flintlock Valley Shooting Range, in the Badin Lake area. Is that anywhere near Charlotte?

Here's the blurb I found:

Flintlock Valley Shooting Range
    Located off Forest Road 576, the Flintlock Valley Shooting Range has two shelters with shooting benches. The rifle range is 100 yards and the pistol range is 50 yards. The range is open seven days a week. Range hours are one half hour after sunrise until one half hour before sunset.
    For more information about the Uwharrie National Forest, contact the District Ranger Office at 910-576-6391, Monday through Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm, or visit our website at www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc.
  3. danurve

danurve New Member

4. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Kevin:
    I have some friends that shoot a lot in NC. I'll ask them for you.

Are you into sport shooting? Trap? Sporting clays? IDPA? IPSC? 3-gun? High power? Bullseye?

Just wonderin'.

ISB
  5. mojo45

mojo45 New Member

hey guys thanks for the responses!

the "where to shoot" guide showed me places really close that i never knew about!!!

hey IShootBack...i have a couple of pistols and an AK, just like to go and shoot ! you know what i mean ;)
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2004