1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Oven-baked fish

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by 280freak, Oct 19, 2004.

1. 280freak

280freak New Member

If you get tired of the "same old - same old" ways of preparing your fish, give this one a try.

Seldom any leftovers, and, if there ARE any, try zapping them in the microwave the next day and slap 'em between two slices of bread (slathered with your favorite condiment) for the best dang hot fish sammitch you'll ever enjoy!

Here goes -

Start with boneless, skinless filets of your favorite fish (important that they be boneless and skinless); I prefer yellow perch, walleye, or smallmouth bass, myself. Line a baking pan, cookie sheet, whatever, with tin foil (makes clean-up easier). Spread small amount of cooking oil on tin foil.

Crumble up your favorite kind of potato chips (regular, sour cream and onion, jalapeno and cheddar, dill pickle, barbeque all work good) and put a thin layer of them on the greased foil. Place the filets on the layer of crushed chips.

Add a layer of crushed chips on top of the fish, followed by a layer of shredded cheddar cheese (mild, sharp, extra sharp all work well). Pop the whole shebang in your oven (preheated to 350 degrees).

Cooking time varies as to the thickness of the filets. If the filets are "normal" size, figure approx. 8 minutes or so. As a general rule of thumb, mine are usually done to perfection when the cheese starts to get really dark brown around the edges. Check them with a fork to be sure, the fish should flake easily when done.

Dang, gettin' hungry just thinkin' about how good this is! Super simple preparation, too.