1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

P-22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by jhep30, Apr 24, 2003.

1. jhep30

jhep30 New Member

Last night I put a P-22 on lay-away, it was the first time I actually got to handle one, after that I was sold. I have one problem with it. The grip is a little bit short for my hands. I looked on Walther's site and it looks like you have to buy a whole new mag. to get the finger rest. Does anyone know of a conversion plate, or anything similar that you can just attach to the orginal.
    Does anyone have anything good to say about there P-22's

JHEP
  2. z537z

z537z New Member

not sure

I'm pretty sure they make clips with a small piece of plastic on the bottom, but don't think there's anything that will really work well enough to support an extra finger.

I wouldn't worry about it though, my friend's Woodsman only supports like 3 fingers and it's not a problem. It is a .22 afterall :)

_z
  3. cannon450

cannon450 New Member

Hello Pal, I got my P-22 about a month ago. When I first handled one I had to have it. Mine is the 5" model. The only problem is with the barrel nut. After firing 10 rounds it gets loose. I e-mailed Walther and they told me to put a drop of loctite on the theads. I used medium strength. I shot it again, and it got loose after 30 rounds. Now I have used High strength. So far, so good. I have big hands, but the grip is fine. It's fun to shoot. No problems with jamming. Good luck with yours.
  4. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Hey!...more .22's...

Welcome to ya cannon450...nice to see more .22 shooter's comin round...got a digital camera?...;)
  5. jhep30

jhep30 New Member

Thanks

Thanks for the input... Getting excited, I can't wait to shoot it...

I got a digital, and I will put some pictures up as soon as I shoot. Thats if my wife doesn't shoot me first for buying another gun.
  6. jhep30

jhep30 New Member

Here it is...

Finally got it. Gonna shoot it this weekend.

Attached Files:

• 22b.jpg
      22b.jpg
      File size:
      24.5 KB
      Views:
  7. z537z

z537z New Member

purdy!

Hey let us know how it works. Something about faulty mags not loading well I've read about, may have fixed the problem by now.

Accuracy, too! In all other aspects that gun looks badass, just wish it would fit my ape-hands.

_z
  8. jhep30

jhep30 New Member

Stabilizer

Hey cannon450,

What gives with the stabilizer. I read what you posted, and I overlooked it, just thinking that it was your gun. But the same thing is going wrong with mine. I shot it for the first time this weekend, and about 100 rounds into it I had to tighten those 2 allens on the stabilizer. Thats garbage, I wanted a 22 that I could just shot and clean, no worries.

Not to mention 2 miss-fires, one jam, and three times it wouldn't load from the mag. I am glad to say that all these problems happened with CCI ammo. Nothing with Federal or Winchester.

Anyway, back to the Lock-tite issue. What color (lock-tite) did you ultimately use, and is it still working?

I have one issue with using the Lock-tite. When you put it on, how do you get it off, when you need to clean the barrel.

Slightly unhappy:mad:
    Jhep
  9. cannon450

cannon450 New Member

Hey jhep30, I did not have any problem with the allens. My problem was with the barrel nut under the stabilizer. When it gets loose the stabilizer gets loose. The two allens and the top set screw tighten to the barrel nut and barrel sleeve. When the nut gets loose the sleeve gets loose causing the stabilizer to turn. When it first happened to me I tried the allens and they were still tight. Then I removed the stabilizer and found the nut loose. I contacted Walther and they said to put some loctite on the threads of the barrel sleeve. First I used the blue, but it didn't last. Then I used the red. (High strength) I have not had a problem since. When you need to remove the nut just use heat. Sorry to hear about jams and misfires. I shoot all ammo with no problems.
    One more thing. If the nut was loose on your gun it could cause it to jam and misfire. Let me know.
    Last edited: May 26, 2003