P.O. Ackley rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Andy E, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Andy E

Andy E New Member

I recently purchased a Danish Krag rifle which was sporterized and has a barrel marked on the side 6.5mm and on the top, P.O. Ackley. I was wondering if anyone has found records of the firearms Ackley produced, which 6.5 mm rounds he might have used ( before I make a chamber cast ), and how a value on this rifle could be determined. The rifle itself is in excellent condition and appears to have had little use. Thanks for the help!
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

3. Andy E

Andy E New Member

Thanks for the web site info!
    Andy
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Cartridges of the World, 2nd edition, mentions a 25 Krag, which was a 30/40 necked down to 25. That'd be pretty close to a 6.5mm. It also says there is an improved version, developed by P. O. Ackley, about 1946. Doesn't give any info on the Ackley version, though. Just kinda throws it out in passing.