P22 walther is a keeper

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by cavemandog, Aug 25, 2009.

1. cavemandog

cavemandog New Member

Got a new P22 with 5" barrel and finished wringing it out with a few hundred rounds of all kinds of ammo. I know they had some problems in the past but judging from my purchase they have resolved all issues. I had a good supply of ammo on hand but went looking for more since I realized it is hard to find a lot of it on shelves these days. Boy, is it fun to shoot. Feels great, functions great and is juist a lot of fun to shoot. It didn't seem picky about any ammo from target lead to velocitors and stingers. Not much diff in any of the groups at 25 and 50 feet. Wolf target, rem target, minimag and fed lightning did a little better. Nice groups if I did my job. Had 3 or 4 cheap bulk that didn't fire but that was ammo. At the start, had the tenth round of velocitors that didn't feed but that went away after 4 or 5 clips. Cleaned it once after 500 rounds and it wasn't very dirty. After that, I just kept shooting and it didn't seem to care which ammo or how much! Just superb performance and real good accuracy for a general purpose 22. Even though the bulk wasn't there, the P22 felt very similiar to my 40 SW. The P22 just has a lot of neat features. Thought I would share since there were many older posts about previous problems. Glad I waited for problems to be sorted out. :D:)
  2. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

I put a few bricks through one, it is a fun little pistol, want one but got some technical issues to work out.
    If it is gong to be one only, I'd rather the PPS in 9mm. Not alot of experience with handguns, def. need more before choosing.