P239

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

bsam4me
    (6/13/02 6:58:56 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All P239
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm a Glock fan... have several and love 'em. However, I stumbled across a P239 in 9mm, looks to be in good shape, all original and am very tempted to bite. Looking for thoughts about this handgun.. experience, ease to carry, etc... Love my 9mm Browning Hi Power, but need something a little smaller and never owned a Sig. Whadayathink folks...

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (6/13/02 11:17:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: P239
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm partial to Sigs, and my latest is the P239.
    Check out this site... www.gunnery.net/sig/220.html

If you like it and the price is right ... Buy it!

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (6/13/02 11:28:05 pm)
    Welcome bsam4me, I am sure that the Sig would be a great handgun. I to had a Browning and loved it. My brother has it now. I kept it in the family. I have always wanted a Sig though.

needleace
    V.I.P. Member
    (6/14/02 7:03:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: P239
    P239 is an excellent carry piece. Shot up 200 rds with a
    rental and was very pleased. If I had to opt, I think I would step up to the 357sig round in the P239 and have the best of all worlds, carry and ballistics.
    -ace

Loki
    (7/7/02 6:30:28 am)

The P239 in 9mm is my favorite; with Hogue grips the ergonomics are perfect, and it's easy to carry IWB. Haven't shot the 357Sig version, but from the characteristics my 2340 Sig has in that caliber, I'm not sure the P239/357Sig is what I'm looking for.

In 9mm it's dead accurate, and inexpensive to shoot.

--Loki

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/7/02 6:50:31 am)
    Hi Loki, and welcome to TFF.
    We appreciate your comments.

Keep them comming

Alphamale
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/7/02 10:24:07 am)
    welcome to the board Loki
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity--Sigmund Freud

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/7/02 10:55:32 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Good morning Loki Feel free to just into any of the conversations.
    "I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/7/02 12:07:48 pm)
    Howdy, Howdy - besam4me and loki!

Why don't you folk hie yourselves up to the Welcome Wagon and introduce? Lots of members will be glad to extend a hand.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Loki
    (7/7/02 4:48:18 pm)

Thanks, guys! Great forum, good info.

I'm gonna "borrow" alphamale's sig to use when I email the anti's that I know. It's perfect.

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity--Sigmund Freud

That ought to drive 'em nuts. <heh>

--Loki

cormacf
    (7/15/02 3:34:47 pm)
    I was a big fan of my P239 (in .40) before I moved to NYC and had to get rid of it. Now that I've moved to SOuthern CA, I'm definitely considering another Sig, though I'm looking for a .45.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (7/15/02 6:07:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Welcome Aboard cormacf!

.45acp is always a great choice!

Enjoy!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

cormacf
    (7/16/02 10:16:40 am)
    Thanks!

Yeah--my dad was a Marine, so I'm all about the .45 and the M14. Unfortunately, I'm looking for a DA or I'd get a 1911.
  2. Logansdad

Logansdad New Member

I want one in .357 Sig caliber