1. phliparoonie

phliparoonie New Member

My father-in-law passed away and we found a couple of WWII pistols that have been in a bag for nearly 70 years (He was at the Remmigen (sp?) bridge). One is a P38 ac44, with a "matching" holster (SN penciled onto the inside of the flap) and 2 magazines. Everything seems to make it a Walther, EXCEPT, the bakelite grips have 5 instead of 6 broken grip lines, and the inside of the grips have by Spreewerke circled numbers (7 and 12). the SN is 9911g, which is very near the end of that production run (from what I have read). The 2 magazines are not matched, note the different crimp patterns. There is also a 4 stamped on the front sight blade.

ALSO, a little help indentifying the the brown grip (32cal., 7mm ???) Belgian pistol, and the collection photo is added for your enjoyment. The H&R Young America 'gut shooter' needs work, and is a little scary, as there is no pin for the cylinder. The "fob" on the bayonet is interesting, too.

Thanks for any patience shown a newbie. VERY much appreciate any help.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I can't see the picture of the P.38, and only part of the magazine pic. The Belgian pistol is a Browning Model 1922 with typical wartime wood grips. Large numbers were made during the German occupation for the German army and security forces.

Jim
  3. mark_baron

mark_baron New Member

It looks like a Browning Model 1922 (.32ACP, 7.65mm). Check for "WaAxxx" markings.These and other markings affect the value.
  4. kx1a

kx1a Member

5. phliparoonie

phliparoonie New Member

Thanks, fellas. Very interesting digging into the history and ID of these pieces.