P38 values question

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by sciguy13ss396, Apr 19, 2012.

1. sciguy13ss396

sciguy13ss396 New Member

Can anyone give me some fair market price values for an ac 41 compared to a
    ac 42 in good to excellent condition? I'm a newbie looking for a first time purchase...not interested in the current RC imports. Also, what are used mags going for? Thanks much fellas.
  2. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

First off welcome to the forum glad to have you. Second we have a complete thread of asked what its worth. You might try asking your question there where somebody who actually knows can help you
  3. sciguy13ss396

sciguy13ss396 New Member

Thanks for the invite and referral...will try that.
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Generally, and all other things being equal, the 41 date will bring more than the 42. The reason is that the earlier the date, the better made the gun and the finer finished. The ac 41's (no makers other than Walther at that date) were beautifully finished and blued, with actions that are like a fine watch. There are a few weaknesses that were later corrected, but overall, given the choice, and again, all else being equal, I would take the 41.

Original magazines are going for $45-60, more for some early ones.

Jim
  5. popgun

popgun New Member

for a ac41 the magazine should match the S/N of the gun. As for the value of wwII vintage magazines I've seen them as high as $225 and as low as $60. They are a colector genre in there own right.
  6. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Like guns, the price of the magazine will depend a good bit on condition. I can't see paying over $200 for one unless it serial number matched a gun I had.

Jim
  7. popgun

popgun New Member

your in for a real wake-up call. check out p38forum.com in the for sale forum.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  8. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Lately, I have had a lot of wakeup calls on prices. I am starting to wonder how much some of my odds and ends would bring.

Jim