P99 Pros and Cons

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by TargeT, Apr 29, 2003.

1. TargeT

TargeT New Member

Ok, I'm new, so go easy on me. :D

I'm looking at a P99, and since neither I nor anyone I know knows anything about them, I was wondering if you guyz could help me out. Are they any good, or should I look at something else? Thanks in advance!!
  2. warpig

warpig Guest

Welcome, I don't know nothing about them but I will try and get someone over here who does.
  3. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Hello TartgeT, and welcome to The Firearms forum.

Walther makes fine weapons, I've not owned a P99 but a quick "Google Search" (located at the bottom of our page) turned up a decent read...

http://www.projectnoir.com/armes/index.shtml

Let us know what you decide!
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

5. TargeT

TargeT New Member

Thanks for the help, and I will be sure to let you guyz know. Just so happens that I found a USP Compact .45 today, too, so I'm torn. :D
    Anyway, as soon as I decide and test her out, I'll holler back with full results. Thanks again!
  6. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Kind of curious...

myself!...Welcome TargeT,...now you have me interested!...Going to have to look em up!...:cool:
  7. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Since you're interested in a USP in .45ACP, I assume you're looking for a defensive pistol....and so you were thinking of the P99 in .40 S&W.

Being an old-timer, I lean toward the .45, but either one is a good choice as a man-stopper.

However, I hope you realize that there are real metal guns out there in those calibers. :D
  8. TargeT

TargeT New Member

Heh, I used to have a cap gun that was "real metal"...... :D

I'm looking at the P99 mainly as a concealed, because it has no extruding parts, and the USP compact, well, becuase it is one COOL little firearm. Any info on any "real metal" guns might be worth looking into, let me know. I'm on a budget, but not much of one. Somewhere around $500-600. Thanks!! :D
  9. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Yepper's...

TargeT,

Yer gunna be a perfect fit here!...Keep er goin'...;)

Welcome again!!!...:cool:
  10. jhep30

jhep30 New Member

Heard something

I was talking to a clerk at a gun store and he said that he loved his P-99 (40 S&W). He had 2 complaints though.

One was he shot with a buddy who targets with a kimber and he can't keep a group like the Kimber.

2nd complaint was that the grip was to small, and he couldn't find a clip with a finger rest.

Other than that he couldn't stop talking about Walther. He convinced me so much that I walked out with a P-22

Good saleman or Easy Target...:confused:

Good luck with the choice
  11. denfoote

denfoote New Member

God!! I can't believe I'm the only one here that has one of these!!
    The P99 is an awsome pistol!!! Mine is an original Interarms import made in 2000. I have gotten bored with shooting the center of the target out at combat distance and am now working on getting my 25 yard groups down to the 2.5" that was printed on the test target that was sent with the gun!!!

The P99 is now my carry pistol, replacing the Glock 26, which I gave to my wife. I carry it in a Predator Kydex IWB holster.

http://www.predator-holsters.com/

Attached Files:

• itp.jpg
      itp.jpg
      File size:
      32.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: May 3, 2003
  12. boomstik44

boomstik44 New Member

The P99 is a good gun. If it's new-in-the box, it should have 3 backstraps, which are interchangeable for your personal comfort. It's pretty accurate, but I have had the HK USP compact .40 and I liked it a little better. The Walther is lighter in weight and has a "cooler" design, but I shot better groups with the HK. I don't think you'll go wrong with either. the HK has the manual safety option and decocker, whereas the p99 has only the decocker, and that's a push-button type. However, you're more likely to be able to afford the P99 brand new. A new HK tends to be more than $600. More like $700.
  13. NEtracker

NEtracker New Member

Not too many P99 owners here it seems...
    I have a couple thousand rounds thru my P99 9mm. Very nice firearm, got it mid 2002. Combat sights are very different from say Adjustables on a HI-Power, and take a bit getting used to.
    Some don't like the polymer trigger. SideArmor holsters work really nice with the P99.:cool: