PA-63 Aftermarket Grips????

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by mo jenkins, Mar 30, 2007.

1. mo jenkins

mo jenkins Member

Hey Everybody,

I haven't posted in a couple of years, but here I am again. Like my mom used to say, "you just keep turning up like a bad penny." Anyway life's been pretty good, but I'm sure we'll get around to all that eventually.

I do have a question for you all. I usually stick to J Frame class guns for smaller carry/backup. But lately I've been finding myself drawn to the smaller 380's. In particular I've been looking at the PA-63's. I'm a lefty and would need to replace the grips to get rid of the huge speed-bump/thumbrest on the stock grips. But the price can't be beat and I've heard that they're easy to tweak if need be. I'll definately need to replace the grips and making a new set is not something I would do myself. Are aftermarket grips readily available?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    Your buddy,
    mo jenkins
  2. Indian Creek 1

Indian Creek 1 Member

I am waiting on a set from Dennis . Check out his website :http://dnmars.43i.net/

I have also went with Wolffe springs in my PA 63 which you might want to consider.

A.J.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  3. mo jenkins

mo jenkins Member

Thanks A.J.,

The guy makes some nice grips! Of coarse, now I'm more confused than before. Do I shell out more money for grips and I have to remember that I'll still end up with a safety that works the WRONG way.....HMMM....Maybe I should buy one and only use it to train with my weak hand....then I wouldn't have to buy any grips.....or maybe I'm just trying to rationalize buying another gun....hmmmm...
  4. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

5. fillmore34

fillmore34 New Member

6. fillmore34

fillmore34 New Member

I need help in finding someone who sells wooden aftermarket grips for a PA 63 Hung. Police pistol. If someone knows of where they can be purchased could you either tell me where to look or give me a contact so I can find what I am looking for. I have spent hours looking with most leads discontinued. E-mail me at terrymarshall@windstream.net Thanks.
  7. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Active Member

Did you try a Google search for PA-63 wood pistol grips? When I tried it, it turned up a man named Marschal who makes wood grips for a wide variety of pistols, including the FEG PA-63. His website has a "last update" date of 2/13/12, so I assume he is active. The grips look pretty expensive though - if I read it right, the PA-63 grips started at $67, plus shipping. HTH!
  8. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

mo jenkins:

If you have not fired this gun you need to know it likes to crawl in your hand such that the you get hammer bite in recoil. I have relatively smaller hands and it gives me hammer bite. What I did with mine is put grip tape (skate board anti-slip board tape) on the back of the frame and make sure I grip the gun low.

I don't generally suffer this problem with other guns except for my High Power clone (Charles daly) which I solved by machining the back part of the hammer off. What a difference that made. I can now grip that gun high and not suffer hammer bite. Maybe something like this is a better solution for the PA-63 or the gun it was cloned after, the Walther PPK (??).

LDBennett