PA-63 pistols

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

AntiqueDr
    (10/12/01 10:49:13 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All PA-63 pistols
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just received another lot of PA63's from SOG. I opted for the all-blue finish due to pricing, extras, etc.

Dont make that mistake! Guns are graded "very good" in ads, might go "good" because of wear to the frame. Stick to the two-tone if you order any of these.

Anyway, keeping the ugliest one to see what I can do about that horrendous DA pull...

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

AntiqueDr
    (10/14/01 5:09:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: PA-63 pistols
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Went and shot the PA-63, and its not so ugly anymore! This is one formidable little pistol. The thing looks so much like a PPK that I was expecting a PPK bark and recoil. Well, I was wrong. Not quite like a snubnose .357, but after 25 rounds the web of my shooting hand was a bit tender.

For a good, powerful but small carry pistol it's a good one.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/14/01 7:39:13 pm)
    I love these guns - the one I have in 380 ACP is the two-tone variety - nice little piece.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

AGunguy
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/19/01 4:59:33 pm)
    Bob, I too own the PA-63 in .380 caliber. Shoots most excellent accuracy. I keep it in an NVA I/L Chicom or Viet Nam holster.

However, didn't like the thumb rest black checkered grips, so made some of my own out of light walnut tone wood, then I had drawn some squirrels and had them laser carved on each side with leafs and acorns...looks and handles real well with the home made grips.

Still hoping some day to get myself a real German made PPK in .380.

Gunguy

Edited by: AGunguy at: 10/19/01 8:47:24 pm

HerbyJr
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/25/01 8:47:22 pm)
    I've got one too. Actually it is my wife's she loves it and it fires very accurately.

H.

AGunguy
    (10/25/01 10:11:00 pm)
    Been looking for a .380 Dillon shellplate holder for my press. Guess I'll have to stop being chincey and buy a new one from Dillon.

I've got a lot of cartridges loaded in .380, I seem to go overboard on the wrong calibers. What I need is some .45 Auto Rim brass, only got about 150 rounds of that stuff.

I forgot to mention my PA-63 is two-tone also, has blue slide and aluminum frame.

Gunguy

theprof6310
    (2/4/02 12:53:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del PA-63 Holster
    Just purchased a PA-63 and would like to obtain a soft leather in-belt holster for it. If anyone has a line of a soft holster that would house the PA-63 I would appreciate any assistance.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/6/02 1:11:03 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: PA-63 Holster
    Hi, try the gun shows and take your PA-63 along with you for trial fitting. Always some gent selling new and used leather holsters.

Anyway, that's where I found my NVA leather for mine, it has an extra clip pouch sewen on it, and covers the entire pistol with a flap.

Just got this catalog from cdnninvestments.com, on page 77 they have new Makarov kit magazine holsters for a mere $9.99 these have the mag pouch and button down flap on the
    holster.

Gunguy

Edited by: AGunguy at: 2/7/02 8:35:24 pm

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/10/02 8:59:31 am)
    Howdy theprof6310 and welcome to TFF. I let a nice IWB holster go with a deal to Bondai. You may want to check with him.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/10/02 9:25:49 am)
    Hi theprof.......Welcome to TFF. Hope you'll stay a while and join in our discussions.
  2. Logansdad

Logansdad New Member

seems like a nice gun for little cash...bad trigger though...I have shot several and they print low for me
  3. denfoote

denfoote New Member

I was going to buy one, but oh that trigger!!
    Sorry!! Pistolet Makarova for me!!