1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Paddle Holster Comfort

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Neverhome, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Neverhome

Neverhome Member

I usually carry with a sholder holster but am considering a behind the back model. As I spend a lot of time in the car, I am concerned about comfort while driving and how they stack up for concealability when viewed from behind as compared to the shoulder unit. If size matters I am 5'6" and 230 lbs. Any opinions? This is my first 1911 (Taurus PT 1911). I have been carring a .357 revolver but always wanted the 1911 so I bit the bullet today and brought one home. All advice is appreciated.

Neverhome
  2. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I used to carry behind the back in a lefthanded paddle so I could reach back with my right hand to draw.

Driving was just a matter of seat adjustment and getting used to it.

I now carry in a Bianchi paddle, mod 59 right side holster
    with a long tailed jacket over it.
  3. Neverhome

Neverhome Member

Thanks for the feedback. I ended up going with a Blackhawk canted side carry rig. It fit perfectly and feels comfortable. I actually like it better than the shoulder holster as it doesn't swing like some of the other ones I had.

Neverhome
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I carry almost always in a paddle holster. I am in and out of a vehicle alot. So I opted for the Fobus Roto Holster. It can rotate 360 degrees for perfect draws sitting down or standing up. I put a little bit of locktite on the screw just as insurance from it gettin loose. My only complaint is that they are rough on the guns. The scrath them up real bad, But I feel a carry gun is supposed to get beat up so it's no big deal. All in all I really like the holster and the features. Also with the Roto models you can switch between a paddle or screw on a belt loop.
    https://secure.fobusholster.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=8681252514111b3e1b915909b8141494
  5. With my lifestyle, I've found a paddle holster to be a godsend really. It's so much easier to get on and off. My preference is the Kramer MSP. I have one of those for each of my commonly carried pistols and revolvers.