Pain associated with dairy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crpdeth, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Hey guys...

I know you are going to tell me to stop searching the web and get my ass to the Dr, but the truth is that I don't do the Dr thing...I doubt I ever will.

With that said, I just wonder if anyone else here has a problem like mine...I once thought it was lactose intolerance, but it's not, I've talked to two people so far that have that and they have other symptoms such as having to run the the restroom...

Mine is different... If I have dairy products there will be (sometimes 5 hours later or more) this pain just below what I call my breast plate, or the area in your tummy that meets your "chest bone" (sorry for the broad terms).

To describe the pain would be to attempt to describe hell, I've had many broken bones, some of which were considered a shatter, I've been "jumped" by three guys at once and I've sat through the entire Broadway Musical, Hello Dolly and have never felt this kind of pain...It is excruciating.

The upside of this is that I nailed down the problem before I died! LOL, I had to start logging what I eat and then evaluate it when the pain hit, I once thought it was from beef :eek: but slowly began to realize that it was that huge chunk of sharp cheddar that sat beside my plate.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any information...Otherwise I'll just drink beer instead of milk. :D

Crpdeth
  2. firebird

firebird New Member

That's just wrong!!!LMAO
  3. firebird

firebird New Member

Have you looked into Celiac Disease?
  4. firebird

firebird New Member

P.S. Celiac is associated with gluten
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Thanks Susan, I was just reading up on that...I don't think that would be a dairy thing, but more wheat, rye, barely etc....

Your thoughts?

Crpdeth
  6. firebird

firebird New Member

Right. Does the pain stop when you stop dairy??
  7. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

hmmm... i think you should see the dr!;)

the dairy that you are eating/drinking, is it made w/ skim/reduced fat milk? my dairy friend was telling me that alot of people who have problems w/ dairy are eating/drinking dairy made w/ skim or reduced fat milk. has something to do w/ your body not being able to handle the homoginized (sp?) milk & once they start eating/drinking whole dairy products again, the problem goes away....

just a thought.
  8. firebird

firebird New Member

Right, Rosie...could be an allergy
  9. firebird

firebird New Member

Do you have any other pains (besides in your chest)?
  10. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Thanks Ladies....

No other physical pain other than this... The reduced fat milk thing is an idea that I will research, but I will add that it involves any dairy product that I could come into contact with...I have to refrain from cream cheese, ice cream, sour cream (man that messes with Mexican dishes) etc..

Yes it does...the problem is having to stop and make sure everything that is taken in is dairy free, which is actually more of a problem than it sounds like while eating out or enjoying a thanksgiving dinner made by 15 different people.

Crpdeth
  11. lohki13

lohki13 Former Guest

I would say see a DR.

I have a problem were if i eat red meat i get sick to my stomach. Thankfully there is chicken.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  12. firebird

firebird New Member

I know that's a big problem and a pain in the ass :(

I'd look into a possible allergy. Many have said that "any" chest pain is a signal from your body that you're stressed and/or anxious.
  13. Donny, from what you've described, it certainly sounds like you are simply lactose intolerant. The condition is caused by a shortage of the enzyme lactase in the body, which is needed to break down lactose sugars into simper elements the body can absorb through the small intestine. You can buy lactase supplements at the pharmacy without a prescription. There is a chewable form and a liquid form. Have you ever given these a try? If lactose intolerance is the problem, that may well work. If it's not, the supplements are not harmful. Just a thought.
  14. xxxxxxl

xxxxxxl New Member

If the symptoms start 5 hours later it probably is not an allergy but just an intolerance to lactose.

Should this happen over Thanksgiving try drinking some water to dilute the lactose. This is usually what I have to do.
  15. firebird

firebird New Member

Good point. If it was an allergy, it would crop up sooner. You're right.