Painting Guns with Scopes

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 23, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

warpig883
    (2/4/02 10:43:57 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All painting guns
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am sending off a synthetic stock and the bipod to get a snow camo paint job tomorrow. My question is.

Do you guys think there will be any adverse effects to getting the scope painted?

We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (2/4/02 10:55:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: painting guns
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    warpig - I'm almost sorry I brought up the subject of scopes when you said you were getting everything camo'd.

I wouldn't think it would hurt but then again I virtually am at the beginning of the learning stage about scopes.

bondai
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (2/4/02 11:09:07 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: painting guns
    The only adverse effect will be when you get it back and find out the painter made a mistake and painted it pink with little flowers.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!!

shooter22
    (2/4/02 11:14:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: painting guns
    MIght depend if the paint(chemicals) has any effects on the seals or o-rings. also make sure that all movable parts still move like objective, power ring if not fixed power. Eye focus.