painting guns?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by varmintwhacker00, Dec 29, 2006.

1. varmintwhacker00

varmintwhacker00 New Member

id like to paint my plinkster something a lil different. has anyone else painted there gun? i mean to look awesome, if so pics would be kool, and also the technique you used.:)
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I have never painted one anything special usually I like using just plain flat black spray paint. Their is a compnay called dura-coat that makes a kit for the digital camo if that is what you are looking for.
  3. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Varmint

*Sigh*

LOL, there is no easy way to pick up a rattle can and aim it at a firearm as bad as I want to sometimes.

I did break the stock on my AR and after fixing it with JB Weild went ahead and camo'd it and it looks okay...Well, I'll include a pic I took with my cell phone, the stock really looks better than the pic depicts.

I guess I'd probabally have to own several AR's to finally break down and do the whole thing.

I have always been really intrigued by camoflauge and concealment and enjoy tinkering around with different ideas, but to answer your question, the technique I use most often is a mix of colors combined with "Stencils" comprised mostly of handfulls of jute, cut outs of oak leaves and even some doilies.

I'll include a pic of that stock.

Crpdeth

Attached Files:

4. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Varmit

That pic dosen't show diddley squat...

I will on occasion paint a fold out chair and toss it next to a favorite hunting spot in the woods, when I arrive I will fold it out and use it, then when I'm ready to leave fold it up throw it on the ground, maybe kick some leaves and dirt on it and leave it there...I've not had one stolen yet.

I'll include two pics of a chair in my reloading shop that I just went out and took for ya, then make another post and include a shelf that I painted out of boredom...You are looking up at the bottom of the shelf, it has stuff hanging off of it (Ruck sack and ghillie suit).

Crpdeth

Chair:

Attached Files:

5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Shelf bottom

Attached Files:

6. dixierifleman

dixierifleman New Member

while its not exactly different, here is my Ruger 10/22 that ive been messin around with. first i stained it really dark. didnt like it. so i painted it black. liked it alot better. but my favorite colors green, so i tried OD. i love it like it is now. now im thinkin of trimmin the red dot scope out in OD. i think that would finish it. this is just the factory stock so i didnt sand it much. mainly just painted over what was there before. when i get a new stock, ill do it in either tiger stripe or digital camo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Dixie

What we need now is for one of our Photoshop pros here to put my paintjob on the picture of your rifle and we'd never have to actually chance it to see what it looks like. :D

Crpdeth
  8. dixierifleman

dixierifleman New Member

theres an idea. but i think ill go get another can tomorrow. probably brown. i already have black and OD. ill make up some stencils or go to nature for that. ill practice a bit and see what i come up with. hey if it doesnt work, ill just paint over it.
  9. dixierifleman

dixierifleman New Member

i touched it up a bit and added some more coats. next is the scope.
    [​IMG]
  10. TikkaNuts

TikkaNuts New Member

Perhaps this will help, Crpdeth.
    First post, just sign up.

[​IMG]
  11. 2506luvr

2506luvr Guest

You forgot to do the barrel band! :)

John
  12. 2506luvr

2506luvr Guest

I just "painted" a barrel on a Remington 597 22 LR. I was getting rid of the plastic furniture and have it sitting in a Boyds pepper laminate stock. Front and rear sights are off it, and holes plugged with JB Weld. Barrel and reciever are both painted, so instead of Dura Kote ing it, I sanded all the paint off the barrel, washed it in soap and water, dried it with a heat gun set on low, then applied to coats of Rustoleum primer, then topped that with two coats of the new Rustoleum Textured Finish in flat black. Will get some pictures of it up when I find the camera.

John
  13. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

OMG!

I love that!

I fear that I am just that much closer to "ruining" a perfectly good firearm now. :D

Thanks a lot Tikka...How long did it take to PS the pic?

Crpdeth
  14. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Instead of ruining a gun CRP just ruin a stock :D :D :D
  15. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

If i do it, I'm going all out bro...Scope and all. :D

Crpdeth