1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

painting guns?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by varmintwhacker00, Dec 29, 2006.

1. TikkaNuts

TikkaNuts New Member

no problem CRP, glad I can help at least just a vision and took about ten minutes....
  2. charagrin

charagrin Former Guest

I used a model car spray paint on my Savadge Mark 2, it looks ok. The color is fading now though.
  3. williamd

williamd New Member

I have painted and taped. One painted in metallic blue fleck ... it was a benchrest gun so fit right in with the other odd ball stuff. I opt for the tape for hunting. Can get it various patterns. Spray the gun with WD-40, wipe down and tape. Easy to touch up. Comes off without too much work AND the finish on the gun under neat - metal and wood and scope - was like new!
  4. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

I painted the HK USP on the grip of my gun, but that was poly so different case :D. (H&K used to paint them I believe, but stopped, so it is a common thing to do. H&K in red, USP in white).
  5. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

never painted a stock but i have painted the metal ... complete gun. built a sten gun from a kit once upon a time wasn't going to sink alot of money in it so i found a can of spray paint at victoria trading company ( for all things british ) it was called british black and it had a textured finish once applied. turned out great. and have seen examples of guns "painted with duro-coat and they've looked good
  6. davem

davem New Member

my son painted his marlin 22 with crylon fusion plastic paint. he camo'd the whole gun. he uses it quite a bit and isnt gentle with it ( he's 18 ) and the paint has held up real well, just scratched off barrel in a few spots. i did the synthetic stock on my ruger 77 with desert tan fusion paint and it came out awsome and is tough as nails.

Attached Files:

7. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I don't have a picture of it anymore but many years ago, I took my Mossberg Model 42M-B and has the stock painted high gloss black. A friend, who worked at a Lincoln-Mercury dealership, had the body shop use black automobile paint. They did a great job on it. It took me 25 or 30 years to realize what I had done to a beautiful rifle. Last year I stripped all of that paint off of it and put it back in it original shape, or as close as I could get to it, anyway. I will never do that again!