painting guns?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by varmintwhacker00, Dec 29, 2006.

1. TikkaNuts

TikkaNuts New Member

no problem CRP, glad I can help at least just a vision and took about ten minutes....
  2. charagrin

charagrin Former Guest

I used a model car spray paint on my Savadge Mark 2, it looks ok. The color is fading now though.
  3. williamd

williamd New Member

I have painted and taped. One painted in metallic blue fleck ... it was a benchrest gun so fit right in with the other odd ball stuff. I opt for the tape for hunting. Can get it various patterns. Spray the gun with WD-40, wipe down and tape. Easy to touch up. Comes off without too much work AND the finish on the gun under neat - metal and wood and scope - was like new!
  4. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

I painted the HK USP on the grip of my gun, but that was poly so different case :D. (H&K used to paint them I believe, but stopped, so it is a common thing to do. H&K in red, USP in white).
  5. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

never painted a stock but i have painted the metal ... complete gun. built a sten gun from a kit once upon a time wasn't going to sink alot of money in it so i found a can of spray paint at victoria trading company ( for all things british ) it was called british black and it had a textured finish once applied. turned out great. and have seen examples of guns "painted with duro-coat and they've looked good
  6. davem

davem New Member

my son painted his marlin 22 with crylon fusion plastic paint. he camo'd the whole gun. he uses it quite a bit and isnt gentle with it ( he's 18 ) and the paint has held up real well, just scratched off barrel in a few spots. i did the synthetic stock on my ruger 77 with desert tan fusion paint and it came out awsome and is tough as nails.

Attached Files:

7. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I don't have a picture of it anymore but many years ago, I took my Mossberg Model 42M-B and has the stock painted high gloss black. A friend, who worked at a Lincoln-Mercury dealership, had the body shop use black automobile paint. They did a great job on it. It took me 25 or 30 years to realize what I had done to a beautiful rifle. Last year I stripped all of that paint off of it and put it back in it original shape, or as close as I could get to it, anyway. I will never do that again!