1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Palmetto revolver reproductions

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Patch4570, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Patch4570

Patch4570 New Member

Hello, Does anybody have any insight on these reproduction guns? They look nice in the catalog but........ Can't seem to find out much about this company.
    Regards,
    Patch
  2. LEE3370

LEE3370 New Member

Howdy Patch,
    I have never read much good written about the revolvers made by them.
    Some of the revolvers that Dixie Gun Works sells are made by Palmetto. You could do a little research to find which ones they sell are Palmetto and check out the reviews that actual buyers have written. I THINK (may not be 100% correct) the Colt Root Sidehammer, one of the Walkers, and maybe the 1849 Colt Pocket model sold by Dixie are Palmetto.
    Asking on a forum will get a lot of repeats from folks trying to be helpful but have never really owned one.
    Good Luck,
    Lee
  3. Patch4570

Patch4570 New Member

Hello,
    I purchased the Sidehammer by Palmetto from DGW. Looked good, and was happy with it for display in the case with my original Colt Sidehammer.
    What would be a good choice for some serious BP revolver shooting other than the Ruger's?
    Regards,
    Patch
  4. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Patch, kinda depends on how much you want to spend, and your defination of 'serious'. Revolver, or single shot? Calibre?
  5. Patch4570

Patch4570 New Member

Hello, Would like to actually fire on a regular basis, not just display. Revolver .36 or .44 would do. Pietta, Uberti,open frame,solid frame?? Open to suggestions.
    Regards,
    Patch
  6. Little Rooster

Little Rooster New Member

I have the Ruger Vaquero's .45 colts and they are built as their reputations claims just damn tuff guns... I also shoot a pair of Uberti .44 colt Open tops..They feel just right...I won't tell you which to buy but, you won't be sorry choosing either of these. Both are available in .38 if you desire. I run Black Powder out of all these

I also run a selection of Cap and Ball Uberti's ASP's and ASM's had some issues with the ladder 2 but have always been able to fix them. The Uberti's seem to just be built better.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2008