Panic buying slowing down for sure

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WHSmithIV, Mar 4, 2013.

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

It's a fast, lightweight rimfire round. It's basically a. 22 Magnum necked down to a. 17 caliber bullet, so it has the same bottleneck shape as lots of centerfire rifle rounds.
  2. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member

No restocking happening around here..............
  3. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

A local shop that I stop in once a week has had Federal 9mm....................................................................................................................................... $31.95 a box.
  4. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

no 45-70 here.. heck.. I'd love to find 458 lott. can't find it either.

was at walmart in back and actually found a SINGLE box of ammo.

there was a box of winchester 243 that had fallen back down with the lonlely shotshells at the bottom that have not been moving.

i snatched it up...
  5. CAM138

CAM138 Member

The round I've found all over the place is 22-250. Anybody use this round? I know where I can get upwards of 10 boxes of it.

I have found some 9mm but only because I have a connection at a local Walmart. But for the most part the shelves are empty here. Haven't seen 22LR for quite awhile.
  6. Airborneguy

Airborneguy Well-Known Member

I can't stress enough to keep looking online. Deals pop up every day. I've been finding common calibers almost every day for good prices. the downside is you have to be almost glued to the computer because they go out of stock quickly.
  7. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

I've found primers and .224 bullets online in the last week, normal prices!
    Midway was limiting the V-Maxs at one box per order, so I passed, but 3 days later, Cabelas had the same thing, 10 box limit.

so, I am seeing some components coming back instock, but online only

what I want to know is where the heck is the 22LR at?

these factories are not stopping the production of it, CCIs plant is dedicated to it and makes a million rounds a day so where is it? there should be something showing up somewhere but you never hear of anyone finding any
  8. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    Where are the primers at please? I need 5000 small rifle primers for myself ASAP! Also as to the 22-250, I have acustomer who needs it and I cannot get it through any distributer, what brand and price on it please.

IF anyone sees Hornady TAP 62 or 68 grain ammo, I need at least 2 boxes OR the Hornady .224 TAP bullets in 62 or 68 grain a box of them will do. I coyote hunt with my SAKO and my remington using the TAPs and they are great.
  9. CAM138

CAM138 Member

It was WWB, 40 rounds, $32.67. I'm not positive about the other details but I think it was 45grain JHP. 3 boxes sitting at a local Walmart and I've seen others at the Big R in Pekin. The boxes at Walmart have been sitting there since before the "craze".
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013