Paper shotgun shells

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jim summers, Nov 16, 2009.

1. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    Are they worth anything' i only have one it is a 20ga Western Super X it is in good condition i was only wondering if paper shells are worth much. Not looking to get rid of it just wondering.
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I'd be interested in knowing as well... I have a couple boxes in storage although I don't remember the the manufacturers name.

Crpdeth
  3. Sandman

Sandman New Member

I don't think they are worth much of anything. I have a few scattered around here and there that I keep as collectibles, but I don't think they have any significant monetary value.
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

the only thing that they are worth are your time if you shoot them. They'll dirty up your bore like a shot shell full of leaves. i know that there are people that collect the old boxes but even then they may pay a buck or two for them.
  5. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    I goggled paper shotgun shells and they had a box of Peters 20ga High Volicity for $75.00
    a bag of 63 12ga for $55.00 so somebody out there likes paper shells.
  6. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I have a handful of paper .410 shells, but I don't think I'll try them if they are dirty.
  7. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Where's your sense of adventure Pinecone? And think of all the time you'll have to bond with your 410 while cleaning the nasties out of it.
  8. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Ohhhhh!!! :D
  9. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

I think somebody be smoke'n too much crack;)
  10. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Paper shells aren't dirty because of the paper. It is the powder they used in those days. It just takes a wipe down and you are back to clean 'n' shiny.

Pops
  11. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

I used to use those in the early 80's to shoot trap. I also used to get a reload or two out of them. I never noticed them to be real dirty. They were Winchester super x. Sort if a burgundy color.