1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

like to have value on Marlin Papoose model70P #10396xxx
    stock has storage marks, doesn't look to have been fired much still has original labels stuck on stock.

Attached Files:

2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

You have the discontinued Marlin model 70HC. This was produced in blue finish and with a wood stock. It was superceded by the model 70PPS in stainless with a composition stock. Yours is book valued in the "Standard Catalog of Firearms" at $160 and the stainless one at $180. However, I disagree with these values, as these rifles are not often offered for sale and they can bring $200 to $225. I am sorry I disposed of my 70HC to buy a stainless model, as mine would accept a Marlin factory 25 round magazine, but when I ended up with the 70PPS I found it would not accept the old style magazine and I was limited to ten rounders. Marlin no longer makes the hicap mags. Both of these rifles are highly reliable and go on functioning forever, not like some other survival rifles on the market, especially that inferior one that packs into the stock.
  3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

maybe did okay than paid 195 including tax- came with 2 mags, one is stainless - barrel says model 70P micro-groove barrel. don't undestand 70HC.
    could you please explain. price was 180 w/2 mags