Para 1911 GI Expert?

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Munch, May 23, 2012.

1. Munch

Munch Member

Has anyone had any experience with these pistols? I found one today when picking up my new (to me) .380. It's a very good looking pistol, and feels very tight. I have seen some negative comments on it in a quick search of the name, but value the experience here, much more than random internet babbling. The price seems a bit high at $495.00, with an MSRP of $599.00 for NIB. I don't however know if the pistol was fired. I didn't go into that much detail as the shop was closing up. Any thoughts and experiences will be taken with the highest regard! Thanks in advance.
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Para's seem to be real hit and miss. Some work great and always do and some have problems. the problem is if you have a problem and call Para, dont expect them to call you back. their CS is one of the worst out there.
  3. Munch

Munch Member

I've read that the CS for them is just awful. I'm thinking that I just need to step away from this one. Not getting a good feeling from my research and your input. Think I'll just keep looking. Thanks Helix!
  4. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I own one and for the most part I'm happy with it. Mine was extremely tight when new but quickly loosened up once I put some rounds through it. In fact the slide has what I'd guess was about a .015" movement from side to side on the frame. That just doesn't seem right to me but so far it has not seemed to have effected accuracy. I'd rate the finish on mine a C-, with it having blemishes right out of the box. It now shows more holster and handling wear than my RIA, which has gone through about the same amount of range time. $499.00 isn't a bad price. I think I paid $519.00 for mine new.
  5. Sniper30850

Sniper30850 New Member

I have one and love it! As far as Para cs goes, I had a rear sight issue with mine. Got in touch with them and got it fixed free of charge and they knocked a little off the price of the front F/O I had them install. Couldn't be happier.
  6. Munch

Munch Member

I have gone back and looked at the Para a few more times and have officially decided to pass on this one. I don't have any doubt that they are fine pistols, something about it just doesn't "feel" right for me. I know this is silly, but I gotta go with my gut here. I am glad to hear a positive Para C.S. story Sniper, I read a lot negative stuff on a few searches, but, what do you expect from the internet. I think I'll be going with the R.I.A. also RunningonMT, I like what I read about them, and I can't remember a negative word being said about their 1911's.