The Firearms Forum banner

Para GI Expert vs. Springfield Mil Spec

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ducati 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have been ready to pull the trigger on the Springfield but the Para has caught my eye and seems to be a decent, no frills 1911, what do you all think? Thanks, Darrin.

#2 ·
Cadillac vs. Chevy

I would go with the springfield armory all day long over Para, no contest for me. Others will have different opinions, but I own both and SA wins on just about every account.

#5 ·
good choice. I know I'm overly hateful of Para, moreso than I should be I suppose, but SA is tried and true with better quality overall. Outstanding customer service also; I had to send my TRP back when I bought it, was jamming once almost every mag it was so tight. They paid for the shipping both ways and worked it over free and had it back in under two weeks.

#6 ·
Have owned a Springfield straight GI parkerized for about five or six years and love it. Their warranty service (haven't needed it) is unbeatable, and parts service (for my M1A) had the items I'd ordered on our doorstep within 48 hours. Am very pleased with Springfield's offerings - both pistol and rifle.

#7 ·
I own (owned) both. Bought the Para expert in a package deal before checking reviews. Already had the Springfield. Never could hit with the Springfield, 25 yards and lucky to get on the paper. I am not a marksman but have been shooting for over 40 years. Was going to dump the Para and decided to take it to the range first. Glad I did, that pistol was right on, great grouping, no failures as was reported in the reviews. Kept the Para, found a new home for the Springfield

#8 ·
I own (owned) both. Bought the Para expert in a package deal before checking reviews. Already had the Springfield. Never could hit with the Springfield, 25 yards and lucky to get on the paper. I am not a marksman but have been shooting for over 40 years. Was going to dump the Para and decided to take it to the range first. Glad I did, that pistol was right on, great grouping, no failures as was reported in the reviews. Kept the Para, found a new home for the Springfield
Sounds like a fluke. You had a rare lemon. Probably something that could have been easily cured. Paras are OK but have terrible customer service.

#9 · (Edited)
Like mentioned above, customer service is a huge selling point to me. I know that the best customer service is the customer service that you never need but in the real world stuff just happens regardless of the manufacturer. I found this out with my latest Smith & Wesson, I had to send it back for a repair, the customer service was excellent and the turn around to get the repaired revolver back to me was one week from the day I shipped it to the day it was back in my hands, that is pretty good in my book. Customer service is the only reason that I will no longer consider a Taurus, even though I really like a number of there firearms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.