Para Ordinance help

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Gun Geezer, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Anyone have any experience with a Para Nite Hawg, Wart Hawg or Carry 12+1? I saw an ad for the in this months issue of American Rifleman and for a .45 they hold a lot of rounds and look sweet. What do you think?
  2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I don't know anything about those models but I own a Para GI Expert (their budget model). For the most part I am happy with it. It has been reliable so far...not a hiccup in 500 rounds.

The finish does seem to be susceptable to wear. One thing that concerns me is the lateral or sideways motion in the slide. There is a good .015"-.020" movement. When it was new it was tight as a drum. Now one customer at the gun shop when I was asking about this said he owned a number of 1911's said it was nothing to worry about. He said that was typical of mil spec models...looser tolerances to allow for dirt. I dunno...his comment made me happy for a minute. I hate to think it will be worn out in a few thousand rounds. All I can say is accuracy has not seemed to have suffered.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Para. in fact eventually I will want a high capacity model myself..either Para or Springfield Armory.
  3. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

MT check your hammer for cracks had mine break off afew weeks ago,fixed in three days no cost got to love the service plans on Para's.