Parker Brothers Shotgun.

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by sgtredsox, May 5, 2008.

1. sgtredsox

sgtredsox New Member

OK...So, I bought a book that gave me all the pricing for the guns I inhereted...I can not find the Model of this shotgun so the book is slightly helpful.
    I know it is a Parker Bros. On the thingee that runs the length of the barrel (Web?) it has "Parker Bros. makers. Meridan. Ct. U.S.A. Trojan Steel.
    If you turn it over where it hinges there is a J.C. in a circle an OV and then a HT over an A and then a 314. It also has a 12 and a sideways 2 farther down. The end of the barrel does a a nick and small dent. The reciever has a 206253 behind the trigger guard.
    Hopefully the pictures help. Let me know what you guys think of the condition.
    Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. sgtredsox

sgtredsox New Member

More pictures...THANKS

Attached Files:

3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Sox....

Well about I can tell you offhand.....I'm no expert on Parkers, my shotgun expertise is on the other end of the scale, Crescent Shotguns....:D

But.....you're Parker was made in late 1923, so it's a real Parker, made before the Remington takeover in 1934. It appears to have fluid steel barrels, not damascus. The lack of engraving would indicate that it's either a Trojan Model, or a VH Model.

Overall, I'd guesstimate it's in about 60%-70% condition.

BUT.....here's a website with TONS of info about Parkers that might help you identify your beautiful shogtgun: http://www.parkergun.org/

They also have a Discussion Forum there.

When you've identified which model it is, c'mon back and I can give you the Blue Book value on it.
  4. sgtredsox

sgtredsox New Member

X...I am pretty sure it is a Trojan model in 20 Ga. It may be a 12 Ga. It has a 12 stamped on the underside of the barrels but my dad keeps telling me it was a 20. Anyway....Once again you have all the information. How long did it take you to learn all of this? I still feel completely lost but I am getting there.
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Well......I've been "playing with guns" for more than 60 years.....and I cheat a lot.....I've got a bunch of reference books and I use the internet! :D:D:D

IF your gun is a Trojan 20 guage, and in the 60%-70% condition I estimate, the Blue Book value is $3,000 to $3,500
  6. cphomes

cphomes New Member

Can someone tell me what the OV means on a Parker 2 frame 12 gauge, 28" barrel serial # 191058?