Party, PARTY!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by armedandsafe, Jun 12, 2007.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

:D

Last full day of school. I held my annual ice cream party for my bus kids today. I ordered 7 dozen Dilly Bars and had my annual argument with the manager of Dairy Queen as whether he was going to give them to me or I was going to pay his cost plus a little bit. I won, again. That 7 dozen bars cost me less than $35.00. :D

My boss, School District Transportation Manager, picked them up for me and had them at the school when I arrived with the bus to pick up my kids. The Principal of the school was there, this year. The Special Assistant to the Superentindent of Schools was there, as was the Administrative Assistant to the Superentindent. Several of the afternoon Teacher's Aides stayed. We even had 2 of the morning aides stay after work for an hour to attend. :D There were about 15 parents there and the kids brought in about 18 dozen cookies to go with our ice cream.

I gave out certificates to the older kids who help me train the little ones in safe riding. Everybody had a great time.

I'm happy. I'm pooped. :D

Pops
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2007
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Enjoy the summer Pops. :D
  3. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Have a great Summer, Pops. You earned it ! :)
  4. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

you put alot into your job pops! i know those parents appreciate you more than you could ever know!:)
  5. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

Have a good summer!
  6. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Pops I hope that the kids that ride your bus grown into fine adults you go above and beyond!
    From one old fart to another
    My Hat is Off to you SIR
  7. patrol

patrol New Member

Thank you for existing. There are too many bus drivers who drive buses who actually could care less about children believe it or not, it's just a job to them. I even have made my mind up that my little one will not ride the buses next year because they mix the knuckle head reject alternative school kids and high school kids with the middle school kids! Weve had too many issues on our buses in this county.
  8. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

That's too bad, patrol. I understand your trepidation, as we, also, mix alternative and regular and middle and high and fast-track kids on the same route. We do take the elementary in by themselves, however.

I've found that many of the alternative kids can be taught to get along and even help keep things on an even keel. They are more apt to step up and shut down a garbage-mouth or bully than the regular track students, once they decide it is to their best interest. The regular kids are just not willing to be confrontational, because they don't have to be in their day-to-day lives.

That is why my proctor program of putting the older kids in charge of teaching the little ones how to ride safely and not pick upon each other works so well. The daily task of working with kindergartners and first graders becomes habit after a bit. When an older sibling in middle or high school gets in trouble, it is not unusual for one of my 4th or 5th graders to tell the older one how he/she should act. :D That is really most fun, but I daren't laugh just then.:rolleyes: :D

Pops
  9. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

358, thank you. Now, put your hat back on before your punkin gets sunburned. :D

Pops
  10. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Good man Pops. Nice to see someone going out of their way to teach the young ones how to behave in polite society. You're providing two important services to your community by driving the kids to school and teaching them someting on the way. We need more men like you everywhere.
  11. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*