PAYING IT FORWARD!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hunter29180, Nov 19, 2012.

1. hunter29180

hunter29180 Active Member

once upon a time a young fella and his wife of 5 years had a new baby boy arrive in late October. as luck would have it they were just barey making it from paycheck to paycheck. now it had'nt been this way for long. the fella had just moved to this new city of Richmond VA for a new job. having just graduated from college and accepting this job their money was spread very thin. all their money had gone into moving and paying the Hospital. after a month and a half with no paycheck in hand, the boss just disappeared in early sept. hunting for a new job, the fella was lucky to find another job with better pay in about 2 weeks. but he would not get a paycheck till Nov 1st.

so baby born on Oct 28th and released on the 29th from the hospital, the happy fella and his family returned home to a COLD house, the electricty had been disconneted on the day their child was born. feeling like a real loser, the fella decided to take his family to her parents home in W Va till he could get things straightned out.

while calling his new boss to dxplain why he would not be at work for the next 2 days wasnt a thing he really wanted to do, fearing the boss would just tell him to forget about comming to work if he wasnt there the next morning. But he bit the "Bullet" and called. the Boss was silent for what seemed a very long time..then he said "I will be right over, stay there" Fearing the worst the fella told his wife to start packing, as he felt he had lost his job. She didnt say a word, just hugged him and smiled as she started repacking the boxes they so recently had unpacked.

2 hours later the Boss shows up and right behind him was a electric company truck. the boss knocked and asked if he could come inside. "of course" said the fella. the boss then told a story very simular to what I have just told to you. While he was talking the lights came on!! the Boss stood up and handed the fella a envelope, said he was looking forward to seeing him at work in 2 days! then he left. the fellas mouth was hanging wide open in shock and his wife was crying. she took the envelope and opened it. inside it was a reciept for the electric bill, $200 dollars and a note tht read ..." I was the fella in the story I told you..A gentleman did the same thing to me as I am doing to you. Yes you will pay the money back as thats how honest you are. but remember this story and my actions for I am PAYING A FAVOR BACK BY PAYING IT FORWARD TO YOU. take the next 2 days and enjoy your new baby, the money is for food and diapers. may God Bless you!"

well the fella in the first part was me. and I have paid it forward several time in the past. many times knowing I would never see the money again.

Today I had the chance to help a neighbor. thir electricty has just been cut off. she had just got home last week from sergery. her husband is a long haul driver and is out of state. We are on good terms with them. I saw her crying on the porch when I took my dogs out. I walked down and asked what the problem was. she told me with many tears what had happened. she couldnt pay the bill till next wed. and she needed mecidine also, but again no money in the account. I cried with her and walked away..I called my wife and told her what I wanted to do..She wasnt hapy but said go ahead. I called the electric company and paid their bill and went to the pharmacy anfd talked to the Pharmacy. I was able to pay and pick up her mecidine.

when I got home, i went down to her and gave her the mecidine and as we talked the electric truck came and restored her power. I told her the above story and asked that if in the future she could return the favor to someone else as deserving as she was.

SO now I post this story to remind all of you to please remember to Pay It Forward without expection of gain. Remember Jesus told us that what we do for the least of his children, so shall we reap. I can tell you that because of the first Boss who taught me this lesson that I have truly REAPED many unexpected rewards in my life! MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  2. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Active Member

Very good story. You did the right thing.
  3. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

A nice story in a very cruel world. I have helped a lot of people in my days but have yet to see much help given to me. But the fact is I have never needed help anyway. Maybe some day I will. Some times helping some one out is worth what it cost in the self respect you can gain.
  4. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

Yep.

I have helped folks before, just the way I was brought up.
    You help some one if you can, It's the right thing to do.
    Good story hunter.
  5. ozo

ozo Active Member

......Brother, even baby squirrels can see your soft teddy bear heart.....
    A gift given to all of us from GOD......yet so many have allowed
    mankind to steal it away.
    The angels sing a song to you.
    Carry on, my friend.
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

The return you get from giving is the feeling you get when you give. There is no better feeling in the world than to give. We know this feeling well. Give with no strings attached.
  7. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

What a wonderful story. I love hearing of happenings such as this, it gives me a feeling that there is still hope for mankind.

God bless you brother.
  8. rosierita

rosierita New Member

9. geds

geds New Member

Very nice story hunter! May you be blessed ten times over for the sacrifice you made!
  10. gunship

gunship New Member

Great story. I try to do the same as much as I can. I'm retired now which makes it a little harder but I will continue. Great job and God bless
  11. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Active Member

If more Americans thought like this America would be a lot better place! Great story!
  12. cutter

cutter New Member

That is what made America GREAT!! Now people expect the government to do it. It isn't the same. When people take care of each other the govenment isn't needed as much, I think God is trying to tell us something. God Bless everyone that has helped soneone.