Paying it forward

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by pipeman525, Dec 16, 2011.

1. pipeman525

pipeman525 New Member

2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

cant get the page you link to , sorry
  3. pipeman525

pipeman525 New Member

Jack, me neither. It worked yesterday. It was a great story about people going into K-Mart and paying off people's Christmas lay-aways. One woman sat and waited until she saw a man obiously having trouble paying his off before Christmas with his small child there. She paid it right there and he was able to bring presents home for Christmas. I found another article that is not in as much detail

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2011/12/12/Secret-Santas-pay-off-Kmart-layaways/UPI-13081323716570/

I read this and since I am being blessed this year I was looking and praying for a way to help someone put presents under the tree and I think God found a way.
  4. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:thumbsup: that is awesome!!
  5. Stonebridge

Stonebridge New Member

all i can say is RIGHT ON! very cool
  6. Juker

Juker New Member

Blessings on their houses!

"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret Himself shall reward thee openly." (Matthew 6:1-4)
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I'm going to play the devil's advocate here! Once the word gets out about this, what some folks will do is put stuff on lay-away, like a big screen TV, and wait to see if it gets paid off. If not, they will just get a refund, and drop the lay-away. Some people are out for #1, and #1 only! If you know the person is truly in need, that's different, and noble! God does reward a kind heart!
  8. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

:yeahthat::yeahthat: Juker, I agree. My Dad did a tremendous amount of good for the community and the church before died and no one knew about it until after he died, and we found out going through some of his papers. He has been gone 36 years and we still miss him.
  9. pipeman525

pipeman525 New Member

Juker, I have no intention of doing this with the person present. I plan on going to the layaway department and asking if there is someone behind or obviously not being able to make their payment on kids stuff. Pay it off and give them a Bible tract to include with the gifts. That way I stay anonymous and they know where this act of kindness really came from.

I am a single dad of a wonderful teenage daughter. Things have been tough for the past year or so for us but God has always found a way to provide what we need. My union hall was giving away food and some presents for us guys out of work and I swallowed what pride I have left and said yes to their generosity. I prayed that any gifts would be something for her and if not they would be good to give to our church to give to less fortunate children. My prayers were answered as most of it was perfect for my daughter and the rest was perfect for my neighbors who just had a baby. I showed her the gifts that day and I saw a smile that I have not seen in a long time. Yesterday we found out that something I have been working on for a long time will finally be paying off before Christmas. I prayed for some way to put that same smile on another kids face or a whole family and that article appeared on my computer yesterday afternoon. The only reward I am seeking is a smile on some kids face and a parent to realise that God keeps his promises. I still encourage any of you who can do something similar to do so.
  10. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

pipeman ~ i just wanted to say welcome aboard! i missed your join date earlier, sorry about that. :eek:

& you too, stonebridge!