pearlicross shotgun help

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mirandaoutside, Dec 25, 2010.

1. mirandaoutside

mirandaoutside New Member

Hi I recently inherited a shot gun that was originally my great grandfather's. He lived in central pennsylvania, and I believe the gun is from the early 1900's-1946 at the latest but most likely much earlier. It is a 12 gauge single barrel shot gun, and the only markings on it are the word "pearlicross" on the trigger barrel assembly, the number 12 and a diamond symbol on the same part, and the number 102330 on the trigger assembly (a serial number). Any help in identifying the manfacturer -if it is pearlicross or something else- and the date ofproduction would be appreciated. I plan on keeping the gun in my family, but I am interested in its history, as well as its value. Thanks in advance for the help!
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Really, really need some pictures,. The only Pearlicross I was able to reference were toy pop guns?
  3. mirandaoutside

mirandaoutside New Member

ok - can do. what type of pictures would help to identify the gun? It's a reallly basic gun, but maybe someone who knows what they are looking at would be able to use a particular feature to help figure out more about it? If so, that would help me to be more precise with the pics. thanks.
  4. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Since this is a break action, Left side, right side, underneath with the lettering.
  5. Anchor Clanker

Anchor Clanker Member

Good Evening. I have listings for over 850 "Trade Brand Name" shotguns that were made between 1880 and 1940 and this one is not among them. That's no surprise as there were so many names used and not all of them were recorded. It has been said that Crescent Fire Arms Company of Norwich,CT (1892 to 1931) and the biggest maker ever of such gun would make as few as twelve guns with some selected name as long as the buyer paid for the die needed to stamp the name on the gun. I find at least one new(?) unknown name a month. I suspect this is what you have. I'd like to add the name to my listings so spell it out exactly as it appears with no abbreviations or deletions. If you can post a photograph lease make it as clear and in focus as possible of the marking. A Crescent made single barrel will have a serial number stamped on the lower tang just behind the trigger guard. Post that and I can tell you when the gun was made. Will be waiting for your response.