Pellet Gun & BG situation

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Tony22-250, May 10, 2009.

1. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

A few years ago I was home by my self on my birthday (Dec 12) and my mother had gone some where. I was in my room and I heard the door bell ring. thinking my mother had come back because she forgot something and was being lazy and didn't want to dig in her purse for her keys like she always did. I decided not to stop watching TV and not answer the door. A couple min later I hear rummaging and doors opening and shutting down stairs. Again i still think its my mother. I hear foot steps coming up the stairs. I say "HELLO"??? Than I heard some one run down the stairs and unlock the back door and open it which had jingle bells on it. I than realized it was not my mother and grabbed the only fire arm at my disposal at the time which was my Gamo, Shadow 1000 Pellet gun with a 9x30 bushnell scope, 1000 FPS with normal and 1250 FPS with the raptor ammo i loaded it with. As i was on the way down the stairs i head the door bell ring again. I opened the door and nobody was there!!! I than yelled where are you, you (expletive here) i ran around the house and i see a 6'4" black kid holding a crumpled up screen. he sees me turn the corner with my pellet gun pointed at him. I walk up to him and hold the gun about 6 inches from his head and said "what were you doing in my house" this kid nearly pissed him self. He said he just wanted to use my phone to call his parents to tell them that my screen had fallend off. ( of course that was a lie) he than said pleas dont shoot me im your neighbor (only 14 years old) I than put the gun by my side and said "run home and I don't ever want to see you in my yard again"

After i see him go into his house I called the police and they did a crappy investigation, touching every thing not taking blood swabs of the blood he left on the back door from him taking the screen off and interrogating the kid with out his parents present. In the end he was not charged with any thing because I did not "SEE" him in my house..... and there was no proof!!!!

Hopefully i scared enough sense into him that he will never do another B&E, home invasion ever again

Here is the Shadow 1000 its looks very real and to the untrained eye you cant tell the pellet gun from a real firearm.

gamo_shadow1000.jpg

Oh by the way the next day I got my Remington 700 SPS Stainless 22-250 had to wait for shipping :(
  2. FTK87

FTK87 New Member

Neat story, glad you didn't have to sink a small chunk of lead in him. I would imagin a .177 pellot at 1000 FPS would do some damage with proper shot placement. probly have to hit heart or brain.
  3. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Glad a fellow Georgian lived through a "situation," Tony.
    Here's what I have to call an "Urban legend" as I can't recall the source immediately.
    Can anyone else remember the freon-powered BB "submachineguns" offered in the '80's? I read "somewhere" in a magazine about an elderly lady who couldn't arm herself with a real firearm but could handle one of these. One night an intruder broke in on her, and she unloaded with a full-auto storm of BB's on him as he tried to advance up her stairs. He did not make it to the top. He did stop bothering her.
    If airguns didn't work Lewis and Clark wouldn't have carried one.

Good job, man!
  4. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    I've had a few people think my .20 sheridan was a sawed of shotgun:D

Attached Files:

5. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Sheridan used to make a paintball gun. I saw one in action some 10 years ago. It made the coolest "POOMP" sound when it fired.
  6. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Had mine for 37 years, can still git seal kit for it.(on fourth kit)
    Definitely has a distinctive sound.
  7. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

Holy crap. I totally remember those. Bought one c.o.d. I remember us bragging about them at the hardware store and and the clerk lecturing us about being responsible with "them things". Of course we went ahead and relieved a few streets of their street lights.

I gave mine up in part of a trade for a New England 12ga.
  8. TOOHSOTKIL

TOOHSOTKIL New Member

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  9. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Gonna need a bigger pan.
    Get im with your pellet rifle.:D