Penna Hunters have Spoken

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pabooger, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

In regards to the recent outrage from Pa hunters over the massive reduction of the deer herd, it seems mister Gary Alt is blaming his ex employers!!

Pennsylvania Hunters have taken it on the chin for two long and are now fighting back, it pays to organize and fight for your rights! Read the article below written by Dr. Alt

It's best not to bite the hand that feeds ya!

Gary Alt who recently left his job as supervisor of the Pa Game commission's deer management section, says he left because of his frustration with a broken system.

Alt's departure on Friday at the age of 53 was described as a retirement, but Alt said he was leaving because a core group of well organized hunters was limiting his ability to manage deer.

Alt wrote measures designed to increase the number of large bucks and harvest more doe. His policies angered hunters because they lowered the overall deer population to maintain the habitat.

Alt said that the major problem is that the Game commission is funded almost entirely by fees on hunters. The agency won't be able to function properly when the hunters are funding it entirely.

Game commissioner Stephan Mohr said he receives about 50 complaints a day from hunters about the reduced size of the deer herd.

I think they'll be either be repealed voluntarily or they will be repealed forceably said Mohr. The hunters are not going to stand idle any longer.

Thanks to all who have written letters and complained about this situation, perhaps the Game Commission has finally woke up! There efforts to please the large timber companies and Insurance companies has resulted in angering the hands that feed them, the 1000's of hunters and Pa Sportsmen have spoken!
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  2. geezler

geezler New Member

Good show indeed!

It just goes to show what people can do when they ban together for a common cause! :)
  3. rjjrwi

rjjrwi New Member

I wish Wi would wake up , but I don't think we have enough pissed off hunters yet , about one more year of not seeing anything should do it , i know for me i don't even think I'm going hunting next year , screw thme i'll spend my money some where else
  4. ruger270man

ruger270man New Member

one of those 50 was from me :D

ctrl.. ALT.. delete.. :p
  5. ruger270man

ruger270man New Member

there was at least ONE pissed off hunter in wisconsin last year, thats for sure.. :eek:
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Good job, Pa!!
  7. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

That's good news if they will just follow-up.
  8. rjjrwi

rjjrwi New Member

ruger270man that is true but he was mad at the wrong people ,
  9. Gunpaq

Gunpaq New Member

Gary Alt is loved so well around these parts that he was refused service at the local harware and feed stores last year while on Game Commission business.

Amazing what damage one man's unbridled ambition can do.

Who will take his place?
  10. Redneck

Redneck New Member

Gar Alt and the DCNR are at war with the hunters over timber sales. Gary Alt wants to please timber companies and land developers and the DCNR wants to control the PGL so that they can timber it as well, the DCNR won't rest untill deer are nothing more than a memory. I smell revolt :mad:
  11. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

Shreveport, LA why leave the USA to visit a 3rd wo
    I am really stunned to hear about what seems to be a massive reduction in Pennsylvania's deer herd. Back when I lived there, one of my neighbors took me up north of Punxatawny to his family's land and it wasn't a question of getting a shot, it was more like selecting the one that you wanted to take and then squeezing off a round.

At that time, it was reported that Pennsylvania had the largest deer herd east of the Mississippi River. The deer hunting was fantastic, and driving at night was bit hazardous as they would jump out in front of you and be hit by a vehicle.

John
  12. Redneck

Redneck New Member

These are all Gary Alt quotes, the man is out of control, he was hired by the Pannsylvania Game Commission who cleay states thier goal is CONSERVATION and protection of wild game and the PAGC is funded by hunters for hunters. Without hunters there would be no conservation in this state, but once Gary realized who was paying him he got upset, he terribly wants the DCNR to control the SGLs, he is taking money from timber companies and land developers, he is supporting soccer moms that live in the suburbs who have taken awy the deers habititat with thier yuppie lifestyles and now want the deer gone. Gary Alt is the enemy of hunters, he played hunters for suckers, used them as a tool to get his job done, now the hunters are turning on him and he is turning wuss and condemning those very people who carried out his dasterdly deed. First he lies to us then he turns on us, typical politician!