1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Perhaps a step in the right direction?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, May 10, 2003.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

POP's!...

Good post and so true...I don't like to fly anyway, and this crap makes it worse. I really like the "last Minute" check where they have a "screener" stationed at the boarding gate wearing a rubber glove...For What?...
  3. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Having just flown in the last few days, I have to say that I'm thoroughly disappointed in the system.

This was only the second time I'd flown since 9/11. The first time was in the midst of all the new security BS, including random searches, multiple requests for identification, etc.

This time, it was almost like I remember it being before 9/11. There were no random searches at the gate. In fact, the woman taking our boarding passes didn't bother checking IDs or even looking at the boarding pass. She just ripped her end off and gave me the stub.

I still had to take off my boots for the X-ray machine though. That still pisses me off. There's something demeaning about being made to walk around in my socks in public. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Other than that, I really didn't notice any heavy security measures. All the hype about airline security turned out to be a flash in the pan. A stop-gap measure to ease public fears. What a sham. When I think about the billions of dollars the government spent on this crap, it makes me even more mad. It just goes to show that there is no sense to any of it.

I liken these security measures to a kid who is just learning to drive. They overcorrect on the gas pedal, brake, and steering wheel. You never know whether they're stopping or going or turning or what. That's how I see our government's response to the airline security issue. Total chaos and confusion and overcorrection. The only difference is, at least the kid eventually learns to drive the car. Apparently our government is incapable of learning from its own mistakes.