persian mauser or any persian gun

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by somoss, Aug 18, 2005.

1. somoss

somoss New Member

i am looking to buy a persian mauser but i am also looking for other persian guns, any suggestions or comments?
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

On the Persian Mausers......see my answer in the "Ask The Pros & What's It Worth Forum".

Other Persian Marked Guns......seems to me I vaguely remember of hearing about some Persian Marked Browning Hi-Powers......but I don't know where you could find one.
  3. catmsfa

catmsfa New Member

Another Persian gun you may be interested in buying, if you can find one. Is the short barreled or "Camel Carbine" Persian Mauser. Imported during the late 50's and early 60's it came in two models. One was a 1930's era (Czech made for Persia) 7.92mm carbine with a 17.5 inch barrel and the other was the (Persian made) 1949 model 7.92 carbine made with 17.5 inch barrels. There slight difference in markings and external detail, but both are essentially short barrel Mauser carbines. Mine is a 1949 model with a turned down bolt, all Persian markings, and the Imperial Persian Crest. It's great to shoot, but has the muzzle flash of a flame thrower in low light conditions and stiff recoil with full 7.92mm military loads.
  4. sck

sck Member

Many consider the top of the line in Persian firearms to be the Persian artillery lugers. There are a couple currently floating around on the various auction sites. The bidding generally starts about $3500, but I suspect that it will take $4000 or more give it a new home. Best of luck -- Steve
  5. mohctep

mohctep New Member

Cant find a link to the info on persian mausers. :(
    I'm thinking of getting one,too.Any input from somebody familiar with them would be great!
  6. somoss

somoss New Member

this is a good starting point.
    http://www.aliparsa.com/brno/brno.html
    i was given a persian mauser by my father in law about 1 month ago. he got it from samco, it is the unissued grade and came with a 'qualifying target'. it was used by the iranian army to test qualify a batch of guns before purchase. my targets show 4 holes in a 5x5 square. it is signed by the shooter, brno reps, and has a seal i can not make out. it is in beautiful condition. let me know if u have any questions and i can send some pix if u like but my rifle looks exactly like the ones on aliparsa.com
  7. mohctep

mohctep New Member

I WISH I had a father in law like that!
    I'm thinking of getting the $200 one -I wonder if it would be worth it? :)
  8. somoss

somoss New Member

it depends on your reason for choosing a persian mauser. if you want one with farsi writing on it or for historical reasons then the $200 is fine. if you want one because it is a great shooter you might want to find one in a little bit better condition. BTW most of the auction type sites are over priced when it comes to the persians. it have seen the $270 ones from samco and they are pretty nice, they even come with a bayonette.
  9. armenjs802

armenjs802 New Member

Well, one of the few banned States in US, and for
    Empire Arms they carry and maybe Classic as well.
  10. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

If you want to collect Iranian military items, the old cavalry sabers are not hard to find. They look like Russian sabers but the quality is not that good with lots of grinding and file marks. Brass D guard handles and blued steel scabards. Look for numbers stamped in Farsi. Sorry, I don't have any images of them.

[​IMG]

Above is a correct bayonet for the Iranian Mauser.

[​IMG]

Somewhat off topic is this souvenier from my visit to the Islamic Republic of Iran. Not as cool as the old pre-revolutionary headgear:

[​IMG]

Hodahoffes,
    Greg
  11. armenjs802

armenjs802 New Member

Well, one of the few banned States in US, and for
  12. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Note that the original post and responses are over seven years old.

Jim