Personal/home defense ammo question!

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by confederedneck, Feb 23, 2009.

1. confederedneck

confederedneck New Member

I recently bought a .45 Glock 21 and have shot a box of Reminton UMC fmj's at the range but would like to know opinions on some good realiable defense ammo. Thanks for your input, Stu
  2. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

Winchester SXT ammo is all I carry. Or their silvertip hollowpoints are good too.

But, there's a lot of good stuff out there. Just make sure you run a couple boxes of it through the gun to make sure it will function properly.
  3. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

TAP

Fed Hydra-shok

Rem Golden Sabre

Corbon DPX

Hornady XTP

Win SXT

All good to go. I carry XTP, Hydra-shok, Silvertips, depending on caliber.

You're G21 can effectively shoot every .45 ACP weight from 160 to 230 grain, so plenty options.
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

For the .45, I had carried 185 Gr. Hydrashoks but have recently purchased some 230 Gr. +P Gold Dot HPs that seem very promising. The Hornady TAP stuff is AWESOME in .40 but at $46.00 per 50 for the 230 Gr. +P GDHPs I couldn't resist for the .45 from http://georgia-arms.com.... I also bought some GDHP .40s in 155 Gr. +P for the small .40 I have.
  5. confederedneck

confederedneck New Member

Thanks for the input yall! I tell ya trying to find .45 ammo around here is about like trying to find hens teeth! Everyones buying it up as soon as it hits the shelves!!! I went with a box of the Hornady XTP's because they were available!
  6. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Delta hit the nail on the head! It's hard to wrong with any of his suggestions.