1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Pet load for a Ruger M77 Tang Safety Heavy Barrel .220 Swift?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by brkncly, Jun 9, 2009.

1. brkncly

brkncly New Member

I just recently picked up a Ruger M77 Tang Safety Heavy Barrel .220 Swift and was wondering if any body had a pet load or an accurate recipe for this rifle? I'd like to stick with a 50 grain Nosler BT or a 50 grain Hornady VMax. This load would mainly be for coyotes, sage rats and rock chucks. Thanks!
  2. LASIE

LASIE New Member

look at CHUCK HAWKS WEB PAGE
  3. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

I have two of the said rifles in 220, and they both preffer IMR 4064 powder. I use Seirrra 52 gr. BTHP match bullets. The charge weight I use is slightly higher than what the mauals list, by 2 gr., so I won't tell you how much, as you should work up to such a load in your rifle. I have read that early 220 swift's have a custom barrel Ruger had farmed out, as they could not make a 26" tube back then. Both my rifles are very good shooters, and both are early production. These early Swift rifles are some of the finest shooting Rugers I have seen. Enjoy......Regards, Kirk
  4. LONG_SHOT

LONG_SHOT New Member

I TOO USE IMR 4064 AND SUPER CHARGE THEM A BIT BUT MINE LOVE THE MOLY 50 GRAIN V-MAX