PETA... again...

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Bobitis, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

2. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

3. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

People Eating Tasty Animals ... They did the same thing near my hometown. They had a pigeon shoot in Hegins PA as a fundraiser for the town park. Used to be maybe 50 shooters and a few hundred spectators. After the protesters showed up there were thousands of people for many years until they had to stop the shoot. Up side was they raised so much money feeding protesters that they revamped the entire park including a new Olympic size pool.

What people around the country did not realize is that most of these birds were trapped from city's who were trying to get rid of them due to damage to public property. They sometimes poisoned these birds to get rid of them but due to injury to squirrels etc they could not use poison in many cases. The protestors were enraged by the fact that kids would run out and break the neck of injured birds to "end it " quickly.
    Hegins is a farm area where EVERYONE hunts and this was a "right of passage" for many of these kids. Also, the oldtimers would buy a shopping bag of dead birds for a few bucks to cook up. EVERYONE won until PETA got involved.
  4. medalguy

medalguy Member

I'll wager those PETA folks never came face-to-face with a live possum in their garage at midnight just as you're putting the cat out for the night. The cat knows better than to tangle with that bad boy.
  5. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Maybe someone in PETA ought to channel that possum ! It gets some good eats and easy living to prepare it for the "rigors" of being first hoisted then gently lowered some 20' to amuse a few folks ! Seems like "easy duty" to me !! >MW
  6. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Reminds me of Jessee Jackson and Al Sharpton. Once they begin to think their names might need to be " out there " again, they find a way.

I'd like for some gutsy news wannabees to follow the PETA folks around. Document where they shop, what they eat, what they wear, what cars they drive ( cars, say from China, where eating dog meat is natural ). And any other no-no they preach about. It'd be a hoot.
  7. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Active Member

8. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I post that one frequently when they get all high and mighty. :D
  9. Grizz

Grizz Active Member

10. Juker

Juker New Member

It's the typical do-as-we-say, not-as-we-do mentality fostered by arrogant a-holes who think they're above the commoners.

When every child on the planet goes to bed with a full belly, and abortion is outlawed, maybe then we can save a few toads. Until then, PETA, "redeem the time".
  11. bassrocker4God04

bassrocker4God04 New Member

Awesome, awesome story. And hey, gotta give it to PETA for at least trying to offer a solution of a taxidermied 'possum. Wouldn't agree to do it myself, but at least they tried!
  12. Doug B.

Doug B. Member

PETA = PITA
  13. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

I'd pay to see a PETA official tarred, feathered then put in a plexiglass cage and dropped 40 feet from a tree on New Years eve. Another case of rectal vision!
  14. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

I would tell pita to stick it where the sun don't shine and then proceed with the new year's eve festivities!