Petition against ATF abuse NEEDS YOUR SIGNATURE

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by bluesea112, Dec 22, 2007.

1. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Reds Trading Post in Idaho recently had their firearms license revoked by the ATF for a few minor clerical errors on Paperwork. Example: According to the ATF, a "willful" ommission is a clerical error as simple as writing down an "N" instead of "NO" on a form.
    The owners of Reds Trading Post decided to fight back and took the ATF to court. The ATF abuse was so blatently rediculous, the judge issued an injunction against the ATF to allow Reds Trading Post to keep their FFL and continue doing business until their case goes to Federal court.

The owners of Reds Trading Post have decided to take their fight to Congress, with the hope of ending the ATF's abuse of gun dealers permanently. Reds Trading Post has organized a Congressional Petition that requests Congress to maintain oversight of the ATF to stop harrassment and abuse of legitmate firearm dealers.

There are currently over 5000 signatures on the petition, many of them FFL's/Dealers from all over the country, but many more signatures are needed to get the attention of Congress.

Please take a minute to sign the online petition. Your signature really does make a difference. This is the link:

http://www.petitiononline.com/redstrad/petition.html

I took the time to ask for your help because I love to shoot, and I'll be damned if I lose the ability to pursue my life passion for the simple reason that I did nothing to help support the sport I love. If the ATF succeeds in their mission to shut down dealers, the firearm manufacturers will soon be forced to close as well. Hillary and the Brady's win without even touching the 2nd Amendment.
  2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

already signed
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Done !!!!
  4. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

5. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

The ATFE has a history of assuming authority not granted to it by Congress.

This is very similar to the way they have harassed and almost destroyed hobby rocketry.

They make "rulings" based upon bad science, cite license holders on minor technical charges and there is no penalty to the individual who does so. The agents are ordered by their superiors to engage in this unlawful behavior and the worst thing that can happen to the agent is nothing. NADA. The action is reversed or overruled, but there is no penalty for having made the bad call in the first place. The supervisors know this and tell the agents to continue on with the illegal behavior, because there's nothing to stop them from doing so.

What is needed is a serious penalty to an agent AND HIS SUPERVISOR that engages in this sort of behavior. In that way, the ones responsible would find that nobody wants to follow their lead in this behavior, as nobody wants to pay the price for it.
  6. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

7. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

8. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Number 5224

Pops
  9. berto64

berto64 Active Member

10. LongRifles

LongRifles New Member

I disagree.

I disagree because I feel there should be a reform of the whole organization.

Since when do TAX collectors rate SWAT teams and machine guns?

IRS doesn't have this. (yet)
  11. LongRifles

LongRifles New Member

Signed.

12. sabashimon

sabashimon New Member

Count me in
  13. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

LR, you're right in that an overhaul of the entire organization is called for. However, accountability needs to be part and parcel of any overhaul. There has to be SOME penalty for engaging in unlawful/unconstitutional behavior. As it stands, there is NONE. The ATFE (who are no longer a part of the Treasury Dept. but of the DOJustice) doesn't even get symbolic slaps on the hands when they engage in illegal stings, unlawful searches and seizures, blatant misinterpretation of the law, etc, etc, ad infinitum.
  14. LongRifles

LongRifles New Member

I've read a book that talks of such things.

It offered one possibility for dealing with it too.
  15. travihanson

travihanson New Member

16. torpedoman

torpedoman New Member

alcohol ,tobbaco and firearms> this should be the name fo a convenience store not a federal agency. done probally get my c&r audited
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  17. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

18. Don Buckbee

Don Buckbee New Member

19. Northalius

Northalius New Member

Signed. I am 5300. :)
  20. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

Signed.

When government workers/agents go above and beyond to nitpick paperwork errors...it's an indication of somebody trying to justify his job!