Philly Cop punches woman in the face.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by firefighter1635, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Again, the inability to handle a minor stress situation without losing control. He could have easily put cuffs on her IF she even deserved to be cuffed and he could have done it calmly and without being physical. Its become a daily affair.
  2. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

I grew up just south of Philly in Delaware County...the Philly cops are terrible.
  3. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I will say the same about the people. Their inability to handle this in a calm and orderly fashion results in this kind of action as well.

It is not just the cops it is the everyone involved.

Who ever threw the water on them didn't need to do that. He could have stood there and not done that. If I was that women I would try to fine the DOUCHE BAG that threw the water and SUE the living piss out of him.
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Why? She doesn't have a case against the guy who threw water. Maybe it could be argued that the guy who threw water assaulted the cop, but the cop definitely battered the woman. And the cop should go to prison for that.
  5. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If one of us hit that women like that we would be lucky to get out of prison in 3 to 7 years. That's what this hero cop should get.
  6. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

No I disagree. He holds a position of trust and authority. He was intrusted to safe guard the people under his pertection. He vialated that trust. he should be held to a higher standerd.
    So not 3-7 years. more like 7-15, the 7 being manditory.
    A law like that on the books just might slow down some of these indaviduals.
    And actualy bring out the ones we want, the ones that want to actualy help the people.
  7. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

The direct actions of the person throwing the water caused her to get pimp slapped and injured. That is why.

I am on the end of the stick just like the cop. We are supposed to do more with less every time we turn around. I have been at my job for 5 years now. Every time the county budget comes around my position is the first one they talk about cutting out. I get less money in my budget when everything keeps getting more expensive and stuff keeps getting older.
  8. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

What the cop did was VERY WRONG!!!!
    People who hit women are COWARDS!!!!
  9. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

You make it sound like the cop had no other choice but to punch an innocent bystander.
    The cop's action of attacking the woman was wholly unrelated to the man throwing water on him. Two separate incidents. It's not like the man pushed the cop into her and knocked her down; his action is the not the cause of what the cop did. The cop is the cause of the woman's injuries.

A crime committed against one person does not give that person justification to commit another crime against a third person. That would be a legal precedent that no one wants.

Welcome to life in the US. Everyone is dealing with that in their jobs. Except that most police budgets have continued to skyrocket, giving them plenty of money to buy all kinds of nonsense.

There were tons of cops in the video, all standing right there. I don't see anything in this video related to a "do more with less" situation. How about just treating citizens as people rather than as subjects?
  10. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

Jawhol!! Ist de Nazi Gestapo!! Too bloody much excessive force from big city cops:mad: On the other hand Detroit cops seem to have lost complete control of the city.:confused:
  11. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

How about they treat police with a tad bit of respect?

These guys are only human. They get spit on cussed at, things thrown at them day in and day out. Then you get a big gaggle of UTTER DOUCHE BAGS like in this video. I am not saying what he did was right. But before you go calling for him to be burned at the stake maybe take a minute to see how they get treated in big cities. When the thugs all listen to nasty music that tells them it is ok to treat police bad because they are doing their job.

Again if you don't want crap like that to happen DO GO WHERE it is going on in the first place.
  12. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Respect is a two way street.

I agree these guys are only human but aren't they trained to deal with high stress situations? Or at leist supose to be trained for that? And If they can't handle the stress maybe they ought to be looking for a line of work that isn't so stressful instead of breaking the very laws they were sworn to protect?

The "It's a stressful job" line don't cut it with me, i've been there done that for 22 years.
  13. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Innocent citizen walking down the street gets violently attacked by a police officer.

They knew the stress of the job when they signed up. They knew it when they put on the uniform in the morning.

Yeah, the job sucks. I wouldn't want it. I wouldn't do it.

But he attacked an innocent citizen walking down the street. How do we need more information than that?
    Or perhaps this way: If he weren't wearing a police uniform, why wouldn't he be taken straight to jail?
  14. Dexter

Dexter New Member

Maybe you need to look at the video again, this innocent citizen started out behind the crowd, what was she doing?, than circled behind the officer before she was quickly forced into a retreat position, but was just not fast enough.....Unless you were there you DO NOT KNOW what actually happened, this video only shows a portion of an entire event, withhold judgement until ALL of the facts are in
  15. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

But we DO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. There are other articles/links around the web that clearly state she wasn't the one that threw the water on the officer, but mearly a bistander. He just happened to see her with a water bottle and cold cocked her for something someone else actually done.

Even IF she threw the water on the officer, was his responce justified? You can't really tell me yes, can you? To cold cock a WOMAN in the face? Really?