Phoenix 22 automatic

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Farmerjon, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Farmerjon

Farmerjon New Member

I have this little $100 gun that stays in my woodshop. It has actually been a very reliable little shooter. Haven't run 10,000 rounds through it, but a couple of thousand. Anyway, a wood forum I belong to a guy was discussing and then documented a build on making a set of wood grips for his Phoenix 22. I mentioned I had one. Yesterday in the mail, there a set were!! Amazing. So, here is the gun with its factory grips.

Pheonix EB1.JPG

Here she is with her new hardware/grips!
    Pheonix EW1.JPG

Here is the other side. Fit and finish are amazing. Fit like a glove! Beautiful fit around the safety and clip release and screw holes.
    Pheonix WE.JPG

Best part, it is to nice to leave in the woodshop, so it is now a house gun and I get to buy another for a shop gun!!!!
  2. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Wow, very nice! I like the grain in that wood.

You know, they make it look more valuable too.
  3. red14

red14 Active Member

That is a fine set.
  4. pops42

pops42 New Member

high up on the blue ridge mountains of Va.
    very nice with the wood grips but i think it looked good the way it was to, but the wood makes it really stand out i would have made it a home gun to from where like you said it to nice to leave in the shop.pops42:D
  5. Farmerjon

Farmerjon New Member

Pinecone, that is called "lacewood". I told him he made a $100 gun into a $500 trophy!
    Thanks Red, best part, a person I have never met face to face, only on a forum like this. He made them, because I thought they were cool and he kind of got a wet reception on the project, he sent me a set!!
    When I got it Pops it had two barrels, I prefer the longer one and the extra length clip (got both clips also). It isn't an expensive gun, but has performed beyond my expectations. I am a sucker for 22's anyway, but like you agree, these grips really "fancy" this gun up!
  6. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

what a nice upgrade for a little plinker gun. I only had the short barrel with mine but later picked up the longer barrel. Great little plinkers and now yours looks sweet as well.
    Great job!!