phoenix arms date of manufacture?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Zane71464, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if there is a way to tell the date of manufacture for a Phoenix arms handgun? I would assume by the serial number...I looked on their site and didnt have any luck?
    Thanks in advance.
    Zane
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I know of no listing that would give you the date of manufacture for a Phoenix Arms handgun. Alas , contrary to popular opinion there is no master list of serial numbers that can be research. It's up the the manufacture to provide this information and no one has ever seen the need to date a Saturday night special. Sorry about that. Yes, I know the Phoenix Arms is one of the better ones but it still falls with in that category
  3. killbuck

killbuck New Member

I now have 2 of these but can't help in your question. I do have a link to numbers and years of some firearms tho. I'll put it below.

http://www.proofhouse.com/index.htm

I like this little small shooter just to play around with and plink. I have the 3 and 5 inch bbl's, and one, blued, with just the 3 inch. The blued I have modified the safty feature as mentioned in a thread in TFF and it seams to work good.

Wish I could help with the date it was made but maybe someone else can do that.

Killbuck
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Ah okay. One would think though (I) that they still could be dated that way, but I do understand why they dont. And killbuck, that's a good site there and informative!
    Thanks for the insight!