Phoenix Arms: Out-of-business? Bankrupt?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Dutchboy, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Member

Has Phoenix Arms closed up shop?

I've been trying to contact them for 2 1/2 months without success. They won't respond to US Mail, to e-mail, or to phone calls.

Their website is on, but no one seems to be home. ?!?!?!

Maybe they went bankrupt from servicing all of the HP-22a 's with cracked frames. That would be my guess.

Does anyone have any info about them?
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Havent heard a thing.
  3. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

I read on another forum they had gone under. I guess that 35 year old P-25 of mine is on it's own now. It used to be a decent pistol until I figured out how to get it apart to clean it. After that it wouldn't hit anything except the ground (eventually). For a long time it was actually very accurate though.
  4. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

I thought they went under years ago...if not decades ago...

Really Rotten Guns...total POS's.

Only thing they are good for is trading in to skip the Brady period.
  5. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

You're right about every gun they have made in the new factory Shrek. But before the old factory burned down they actually produced "some" decent guns. Like I said, I have one that shot very accurate until I figured out how to get it apart and clean it. After putting it back together it wouldn't hit the ground at 10 feet. But before that I shot some very good groups with it considering what it is. It's no Kimber 1911 but I did sink a leaf in my dad's pond from 65 yards away with that 2.5" barrel SNS. Mostly it's a belly gun but there were some rare exceptions. There are plenty of problems with them for sure but I got my money's worth from mine. Then again I only paid $50 for it brand new. I was a broke college kid at the time and I needed a bar pistol and that was it. I never counted on it shooting more than once and never more than 3 feet for any real situations and thank goodness I never actually had to try it out but it was loud (.25 ACP in a super short barrel makes for a loud pistol) and it was cheap. And like they say it was better than sharp stick.
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I ordered one for a guy about 2 months ago and then got him the 5 inch barrel kit for it. Then he lost the recoil spring out of it and tried to call them and couldnt get them, so he asked me if I could fax them. I sent them a fax 2 times and they never responded and I left about 4 messages on their voice mail and then just gave up. He called me about a week ago and said he finally got thru to them and they were sending him a pack of 5 springs for free. So, sounds to me like they are somewhat out of business but still answering the phone once in a while. Keep trying. Dont buy any more of their stuff.
  7. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Agreed on that point-trade in stuff.