1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Phoenix Arms: Out-of-business? Bankrupt?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Dutchboy, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Member

Has Phoenix Arms closed up shop?

I've been trying to contact them for 2 1/2 months without success. They won't respond to US Mail, to e-mail, or to phone calls.

Their website is on, but no one seems to be home. ?!?!?!

Maybe they went bankrupt from servicing all of the HP-22a 's with cracked frames. That would be my guess.

Does anyone have any info about them?
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Havent heard a thing.
  3. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

I read on another forum they had gone under. I guess that 35 year old P-25 of mine is on it's own now. It used to be a decent pistol until I figured out how to get it apart to clean it. After that it wouldn't hit anything except the ground (eventually). For a long time it was actually very accurate though.
  4. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

I thought they went under years ago...if not decades ago...

Really Rotten Guns...total POS's.

Only thing they are good for is trading in to skip the Brady period.
  5. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

You're right about every gun they have made in the new factory Shrek. But before the old factory burned down they actually produced "some" decent guns. Like I said, I have one that shot very accurate until I figured out how to get it apart and clean it. After putting it back together it wouldn't hit the ground at 10 feet. But before that I shot some very good groups with it considering what it is. It's no Kimber 1911 but I did sink a leaf in my dad's pond from 65 yards away with that 2.5" barrel SNS. Mostly it's a belly gun but there were some rare exceptions. There are plenty of problems with them for sure but I got my money's worth from mine. Then again I only paid $50 for it brand new. I was a broke college kid at the time and I needed a bar pistol and that was it. I never counted on it shooting more than once and never more than 3 feet for any real situations and thank goodness I never actually had to try it out but it was loud (.25 ACP in a super short barrel makes for a loud pistol) and it was cheap. And like they say it was better than sharp stick.
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I ordered one for a guy about 2 months ago and then got him the 5 inch barrel kit for it. Then he lost the recoil spring out of it and tried to call them and couldnt get them, so he asked me if I could fax them. I sent them a fax 2 times and they never responded and I left about 4 messages on their voice mail and then just gave up. He called me about a week ago and said he finally got thru to them and they were sending him a pack of 5 springs for free. So, sounds to me like they are somewhat out of business but still answering the phone once in a while. Keep trying. Dont buy any more of their stuff.
  7. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Agreed on that point-trade in stuff.