Phone anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ARB, Feb 10, 2010.

1. ARB

ARB New Member

Man, for some reason today, I've had a hankerin' for buying a new cell phone. I can't quite place where the urge came from, any ideas?:rolleyes:
  2. new308handloader

new308handloader New Member

Cell phones are the old stuff.....get a Blackberry or an I-Phone with unlimited data and talk time.
    T-Mobile is the cheapest...but also has the worst coverage.
  3. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Oh, your urge is from that posting yesterday by the Phone Droid. He was practically givin' 'em away, IF you order five or six of 'em! It was all I could do to refrain from ordering a batch, just for me and the dogs, so's we could keep in touch!
  4. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

:eek::D

I have a Sony Ericsson (the better built one, my first one, the W350, was a piece of s***). So far, it's working very well. Of course, I have the Go Phone plan and bought my Ericsson off of eBay, new, but with no warranty.
  5. navis128

navis128 New Member

Can you call out and receive calls? Then what do you need a new one for?
  6. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

7. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I think I got one in the truck somewhere. Better go check the battery.
  8. red14

red14 Active Member

I finally have a cell phone. 4 people have my number. It is for emergencies only. I really do like my privacy.
  9. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

okay. I'll bite. i did the deed with a Blackberry Pearl a couple three years ago, you know when they first were introduced.

Darn thing works well, good reception, internet workings, and has a camera that's better than many on the market today. Works for me, anyway!

Old phone had a 'short in it'. Too many rainstorms on the trail, I guess. (okay, there was that unfortunate commode incident!)
  10. red14

red14 Active Member

You said you'd never talk about that!!!:eek::(
  11. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

No one ever calls my cell phone now, but I am glad I have it. It's a tool like many other things.
  12. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

If you want coverage, go with Verizon. I have AT&T because my mom works for em so I get a discount. There coverage isn't very good, but where you do get coverage, the quality is alot better than the competition. Plus they actually use their 3G, so you can talk, go on the internet, do multiple things while on a call with someone. None of the other ones can do that. I get by fine with AT&T. They give my mom a new cell phone almost every year. I have like 4 different ones, switch out the little card in them every once in awhile if I get sick of one of em. I'm spoiled. Lol. I also carry my phone on me at work, so I like to use my older ones. I currently have a Samsung Sync. It's a slider. Have an old Motorola V220, that's probably my oldest and most reliable phone. I have a Razr. Dropped it in a puddle at work once and it still works fairly well. Got some other Samsung. And the Sync. I don't really want an iPhone. They're nice, but I'm afraid I'd break it. The plans aren't very cheap either.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  13. new308handloader

new308handloader New Member

I had a Pearl too....but I'm getting too old to use that little bitty keyboard on it....I switch to the Curve with a full size keyboard and it has a better camera at 3.2 Mpix.
  14. ARB

ARB New Member

I, am so sorry! I, was making a sarcastic remark due to the 2nd phone sale thread that was placed on the Politically Incorrect Forum. I just couldn't bring myself to post this there. Whoops!! I, have no intention of buying a new phone. :eek::eek:
    If it was up to me, I'd choose scribbling on a handheld chalkboard.
    Then again, I wouldn't know you folks. :)
  15. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Don't get a Juke. It's small and has an MP3 player, and opens sideways like a switchblade. Tiny screen and tinier keys. I have average size hands and fingers, that thing is just too small. I'm anxious for the next upgrade, I've specified a phone that is the most durable our provider offers.